Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's everyone!! New Victory owner. Been whinning to the wife long enough and she finally gave in. Just bought a 2014 Cross Country. The 15th Anniversary Ness that is up in the upper left corner of your Victory Forums Banner. The Red and Black one. Im out of Kansas, Prior Service so very Proud to be an American!! Been following your threads on faulty readings on fuel gauges and had some issues with the right saddle bag blowing open. Fixed that issue real quick. Anyway just introducing myself hope to get to know you folks out there!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome Tbarc and thank you for your service. Love that color combo you are sporting on that beast. I had the fuel sending unit go out on my 2014 XC around 6700 miles. Local dealer got Ma Vic to replace for free under the first year warranty. I don't know if they will cover that sort of thing on my extended three year warranty. Word is they won't. I hope you don't have any issues brother. Welcome from Pure Michigan!

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Hi and greetings from the Pacific Northwet. Being an old school type, I use the trip ODO for judging fuel.
If you are thinking of dumping that vertical stock license bracket for a flattering laydown one, the one I make is the cheapest and the only one with its own threads. Paint gouging nuts on the back side are not needed. Click the link below. (Shameless self promotion)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and thank you for your service!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N. Alabama. That's a good looking bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny you mention that tag bracket RICZ!! I just took it off last weekend and sand blasted it and painted it. Then trimmed it out in Red. I cut the bolts down to keep from scratching the paint. Was going to weld nuts on the back to get rid of the wing nuts. But got lazy!!

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Funny you mention that tag bracket RICZ!! I just took it off last weekend and sand blasted it and painted it. Then trimmed it out in Red. I cut the bolts down to keep from scratching the paint. Was going to weld nuts on the back to get rid of the wing nuts. But got lazy!!
Ooh, I'd like to see photos of that. :nerd

·
12,968 Posts
go to hardware store and look in the little nuts and bolts bins. These are a form of what's called speed nut. Clips onto backing plate and works great

Attachments

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
go to hardware store and look in the little nuts and bolts bins. These are a form of what's called speed nut. Clips onto backing plate and works great
That's for Harleys VJ, not a bike as nice as a Victory. Yuck! :puke:

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
its on the back of the mounting plate where no one would see it. No need for welding nuts on
My plate bracket has its own threads, no need for nuts or anything on the backside. Very sanitary installation.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
What no pics? I'm just sayin.

�� THOM �� sent from my portable brain toaster
Your wish is my command Thom. I have gone to a thicker ABS plastic and tapped threads in it instead of the metal inserts. Click the link in my sig for more info.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts