·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Very nice video. thumb up

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been riding a very long time. This video reminded me why I try to live my younger day dreams today.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Very timely video that one. This long time rider is going through his second bout with the big C. Chemo makes one feel nauseuos as hell. You don't want to eat and the med for it makes you drowsy. I have three driving forces to help me get through: my wonderful wife, my family and a gorgeous bike patiently waiting in the garage. The weather here isn't to conducive to riding, but it should be come June when this course is over. Thanks dirtdobber for that reminder of why we ride. Is this a great forum or what?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Thats a pretty cool video.

RICZ...stay strong brother. The fight is very mental. Angel and I are wishing the best for you and your family. It is a very tough time for everyone. cheersthumb up

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RICZ
It saddens me to hear this. My wife has been battling the big C for several years now. She has 1 more chemo treatment, #8 infusion
Stay strong, God is in control

·
Registered
154 Posts
RICZ. As diamond said, stay strong bro. You are in my thoughts.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great vid Dobber.
Your only as old as you feel,....in your mind.
Keep fighting, sending positive vibs.
Cheers
Fixer
:not worthy:

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
You guys are great. I'm new to the forum thing, got on it like most of you to learn and share. There's a lot of learning and sharing to do out there, but unlike other forums I've viewed, you guys keep it respectful and civil. That's appreciated by many, especially me. Thanks for all the good thoughts, I'll get through this and be up and riding what I like to call the thinking rider's cruiser.
RICZ

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow. Awesome video. It is amazing and gratifying to me to be able to turn off the news, hop on the net and see how a single common interest over a cold lump of steel creates a community of warmth and bonds among strangers. Live to ride, I hope you and your families win this battle.

·
Registered
336 Posts
You guys are great. I'm new to the forum thing, got on it like most of you to learn and share. There's a lot of learning and sharing to do out there, but unlike other forums I've viewed, you guys keep it respectful and civil. That's appreciated by many, especially me. Thanks for all the good thoughts, I'll get through this and be up and riding what I like to call the thinking rider's cruiser.
RICZ
RICZ,

I have all the confidence that you will be riding you bike like you stole it for many years to come cheers That and the love of a good woman is all you need!!!!

DirtyD

Great video, loved it and it should remind us all why we ride!!!

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
I have all the confidence that you will be riding you bike like you stole it for many years to come cheers That and the love of a good woman is all you need!!!!

That, and a tank full of Premium. Thanks.

·
Registered
336 Posts

That, and a tank full of Premium. Thanks.
GOOD GAWD is that getting expensive.... :ltr:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I watched that video 3 times before writing this, and since this is actually my first official post on this forum, I think it's appropriate to say that I hope to be riding till im 80 arthritis and all. At 42, I just started to feel the need to ride again. I hope everyone here can experience what these gents felt getting back on those bikes and riding towards the sunset. Safe riding to everyone!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think this video best captures the reason why I ride. I've never quite been able to put it into words. The next time someone asks me why I ride despite the risks and dangers, I'll send them this video.

I'm not that old yet, but old enough to remember simpler and better times in my life. The motorcycle is the only "vehicle", figuratively and literally, that can separate me from the worries and stresses of life and bring me back to that same feeling of the first time I took my first bike down the street when I was 17.

Just having a bike in the garage all winter is therapy for me, even when I can't ride it. Nothing relaxes me more and clears my head, instantly, than taking a ride. Maybe it's in our blood, or maybe we're just crazy. But it does the job for me :)

PS - RICZ, you hang in there. I need you around to steal more good ideas from ya. ;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Regardless of our age each of us has something or someone in our past that has strengthened us. Some part of our life wasn't grand.
My comrades that never had the chance to hold their first child, be with their parents when they took their last breath of air, to know the feeling when a wife said I do, I ride for you. Some days seem long and endless by the pain that I carry. Even the child I never meet because of a drunk driver I ride for you.
But the one I ride for the most is my creator.
Even in my darkest hour and I seem blind. As I ride I feel the freedom that my maker has given, I know peace within.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great video. I bought my first bike a KLR 650 in 2008. I got my 2005 Vegas last April and at 57 years old I often think what have I been doing all my life? The important thing is I`m riding now and it has changed my life. Nothing like getting out on the open road in Central Oregon. Been kinda lurkin` around here for awhile just taking in some info. I plan to get a fuel module and possibly a custom intake so I`m sure I`ll have some questions. Looks like a good forum with some great members.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
We can all come up with explanations as to why we ride, I 'm sure. There are a lot of neat minds using this forum and I'd like to start (hijack?) something. Everyone submit a statement as to why you ride. Here's mine...

Riding provides a sense of adventure to getting there and being there.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
For me, riding fulfills a pleasure nothing else can.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts