Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Looking forward to learning and sharing. Took the plunge to take advantage of the February Victory deals. Picking up my Sunset Red Cross Country Tour today at lunch time! I hope it doesn't RAIN!

Best, Jeff

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Welcome Jeff and congrats on your purchase. Where did you pick up your ride at? Vic of south MD? Just curious, quite a few folks on here from the MD area. I worked up there a while, may be heading back. GREAT country for 2 wheels, thats for sure. Enjoy the ride, be safe and give a shout if you got questions!

Tim

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tim

I live in western MD, near Hagerstown. Bought my bike at Ridersville Cycle in Berkley Springs, PA.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oops

That should be Berkley Springs, WV. Not too good with the ole iPad! :)

If you are ever up this way, give me a shout ahead of time. There are a lot of great roads for riding.....but be careful of the deer. Got me 2 bucks with the cager so far. My middle son has also evened that score.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Will do Jeff, my son lives up in DC so Im trying to get west this spring/summer...

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Believe it or not....we have goats!
Jeff

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Het lawnstriper, I was born in Waynesboro.....and will probably be buried there. Let me know if you want to ride sometime. Did 130 miles today after I picked up the bike. Went up to Cowans Gap. Lots of gravel and even some snow on the ground. Love those heated grips and seat!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right outside Hagerstown - 8 miles west near Clear Spring.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi everyone,
Looking forward to learning and sharing. Took the plunge to take advantage of the February Victory deals. Picking up my Sunset Red Cross Country Tour today at lunch time! I hope it doesn't RAIN!

Best, Jeff
Congrats on the new bike!

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks! What we'll do is set a date and place to meet in the not to distant future and go for a ride. That's an open invitation. The ride up MD 77 is nice to Thurmont....then up Rt.15 to Gettysburg....then over toward Chambersburg....through Calidonia State Forest and down to Waynesboro is one idea.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks! What we'll do is set a date and place to meet in the not to distant future and go for a ride. That's an open invitation. The ride up MD 77 is nice to Thurmont....then up Rt.15 to Gettysburg....then over toward Chambersburg....through Calidonia State Forest and down to Waynesboro is one idea.
Yes , I have done that route . Nice scenic ride for sure . Also have to go to Gettysburg bike week this year , missed it last year. I am ready to ride now ..... Arg , dam snow. This is gonna suck , hope it melts fast. We can set something up after it melts.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes , I have done that route . Nice scenic ride for sure . Also have to go to Gettysburg bike week this year , missed it last year. I am ready to ride now ..... Arg , dam snow. This is gonna suck , hope it melts fast. We can set something up after it melts.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yeah...especially when the weekend looks like it could have been some decent riding weather....now....gravel & salt will be everywhere. I have never been to Gettysburg bike week, have gone to the Carslile show. Ended up at Myrtle Beach bike week 3 years back. Went riding in the Smokees. Rain moved in so we headed to the coast and it just so happened to be bike week. Too many bikes to take it all in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts