Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

What brand of oil are you using right now?

• Amsoil

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Castrol

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Mobil1

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Redline

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Rotella

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Royal Purple

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Victory

Votes: 43 37.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have read enough oil threads to make me want to never read one again as I am sure many have. So I will post this question and hopefully real true answers will come out. I'm only starting this cause it was brought up to me from a fellow rider plus I'm home sick with the damn flu and got board so here goes.

Question: If your choice of oil was paid for you and shipped right to your door with your choice of filter for the life of your Victory bike, which oil and filter would you take advantage of using ? You may say why if you like.

No bashing please. Just trying to have some fun.
Look forward to the replies.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I have read enough oil threads to make me want to never read one again as I am sure many have. So I will post this question and hopefully real true answers will come out. I'm only starting this cause it was brought up to me from a fellow rider plus I'm home sick with the damn flu and got board so here goes.

Question: If your choice of oil was paid for you and shipped right to your door with your choice of filter for the life of your Victory bike, which oil and filter would you take advantage of using ?

No bashing please. Just trying to have some fun.
Look forward to the replies.
Victory branded oil and filter. Why? Because that's what Dr. Lloyd has most experience with, and has seen the least amount of problems with. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
X3 thumb upthumb upthumb up

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Amsoil 10w40 with eaOm103 nanofiber filter, I don't really care who endorse's the Vic liquid kool-aid as there is no way it's better than Amsoil....

·
Registered
784 Posts
Victory branded oil and filter. Why? Because that's what Dr. Lloyd has most experience with, and has seen the least amount of problems with. ;)
I'd probably be +5 on this one, although I have never liked the look, smell, or feel of Vic oil coming out of the bike. Never sent it in for a UOA either.
Some of the "guru's" say they believe in it so FWIW. I do question some of their comments from time to time, but since I've never been in to a Vic engine much less a bunch of them I'll take their word.

As for my money, well we'll leave it there. cheers

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
ANY name brand oil that's wet clutch compatible because at this point if they aren't good they aren't in business.

·
12,984 Posts
When was the last time you read about bad oil.
I have only been here for a short time but have not read of a motor failing cause of oil.
I don't understand all the oil threads. After all we all drive different cars different lawn mores drink different beers. But we should all use the same oil why. Oil does not pro-long the life of the motor its up to us to do that. You rev the motor before its full warmed up your damaging the cylinders or hard take offs before its warmed up or barring the rpm's pass the red line when standing still.
My Dad had a 53 Chrysler with 187 thousand miles on it and he used re refined oil he bought 5 gallons at a time and changed it every 3 thousand miles. I drove it to California and traded for a 250cc Honda.
For those of you that don't know re refined oil is used oil that has been cleaned and new additives have been added.
The point is what ever you use stick with it don't switch around and when the weather gets above 100 degrees and you do stop and go traffic change it more often.

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Again any name brand oil.

I understand all the oil threads because there's a Oil and Lube section so we have to post in it or the people that own the site will feel bad.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Victory brand- I looked into some castrol 20/40 that appeared to be almost half the price- after shipping it was virtually the same. No one seems to carry it in store.

In the unlikely event of a failure- I'm not going to allow a dealer to weasel out of a warranty repair by claiming some Bull**** y know?

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Victory brand- I looked into some castrol 20/40 that appeared to be almost half the price- after shipping it was virtually the same. No one seems to carry it in store.

In the unlikely event of a failure- I'm not going to allow a dealer to weasel out of a warranty repair by claiming some Bull**** y know?
Order a couple spark plugs or a filter to go with it and waa laa free shipping.
Just under $6.00 a qt not bad at all.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Castrol-06394-Actevo-4-Stroke-Motorcycle/dp/B008MISDEC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391212812&sr=8-1&keywords=castrol+20%2F40[/ame]

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys. It's a question about getting free oil for the life of your bike. FREE ! Any oil you want. Shipped to your door. This is not a my oil is better or change your oil thread or how oil is made. Just pick one for goodness sakes!
Consider this a kind of survey. :D Your choice please.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Again any name brand oil.

I understand all the oil threads because there's a Oil and Lube section so we have to post in it or the people that own the site will feel bad.

That's one of the things I like around here... People looking out for others!

Slicvic, I'd go Amsoil in your scenario.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I would follow Lloydz recommendation and use Vic oil but I am thinking I would want to use the K&P reusable oil filter. Since its free the over $100 would not bother me.
According to the wrench I spoke with yesterday the Vic oil they buy in bulk is full synthetic but the bottles we get are semi-synth. He may have been as confused on that as he was on some other things, who knows.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Amsoil

>If your choice of oil was paid for you and shipped right to your door with your choice of filter for the life of your Victory bike, which oil and filter would you take advantage of using ? You may say why if you like.<

+AMSOIL 20w50 (or 10w40 for my winter riding). It's simply the best product available, whether off the shelf at Lloydz, or paid for and delivered as in this current fantasy.

Ride on.
Roadkill

·
Registered
70 Posts
Forgot my filter!

+I forgot to tell you my filter! EaOM103, please. Better yet, since you're buying, make it the chrome EaOM103C! (Chrome won't get me home, but bling is the next best thing.)

Let me know when you need my address... :p

Ride on.
Roadkill

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like royal purple 10w-40 or 20w-50 with, wix filter. JASO-MA2 for our clutch. Free is good. where do I sign up.
Are you running Royal Purple in your bike now?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts