Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
drive truck for a living, I somehow became the lead rider of my friends that I ride with....no big deal. They think I know every road...I don't! We agree where we want to go and off we go. Depending where we go, it may take an hours, it may not. No big deal....we'll get there :)
Any way, recently some bikes in the back has to stop for a red light. I looked in my mirror and saw them at the light. So I found a safe place to pull over and wait.....here it comes....I clicked on the 4 ways and the engine died....oil light came...display went blank....WTH!!! Concern set in until I realized that I hit the kill switch!!!!
The 4 way switch is one left....not the right!!!!:ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
You might not believe this.....but once I pressed the horn when meant to press the trip computer button... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I have pressed my trip button to change my song on my ipod ......:crzy:

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
I used to push my trip button to "throw" the high beam .... On jap bikes that's where it is

On convoy i am always on the back, sweeper so to speak, if people can't keep up or something happened then i can easily catch up to the front ...

Funny thread this is

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I have hit my kill switch on a highway at rush hour when I was looking for my hazard switch. That'll wake you up in a hurry!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
sneaking out of the garage on the way to work at 4:30, turn on the key, hit the horn for two seconds not realizing its not the starter button! whoops! done that a few times now! haha

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
I once found my spray-painting gun inside the refrigerator!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Flipped on the high beams in place of the 4ways several times and the other way around. Guilty of the kill switch over 4ways already as well.

How about up shift in place of down or the opposite, the moment it takes to figure out all is not bad you're just human...

·
Registered
611 Posts
I should let you guys take a ride around the block on my aprilia just to see how many times you beep the horn instead of hitting the turn signals. The two buttons are flipped on that bike from the normal signals on top, horn on the bottom arrangement.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Do to my advance age [So my sons say] Ive been instructed not to touch any buttons while I'm riding.. I never know what will happen if i do....:crzy:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't think I can top that Dill but I did bump the ignition key to the off position while going 50mph down the road. That freaked me out. Took my about 5 min to figure out what I did.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I just recently forgot to put kickstand down. Hole in garage wall and had to replace shield. Top that! :(:ltr:
Hows this....:crzy:
Forgot to put the kickstand down while in my garage [Honda VTX 1800].
And it pinned my leg under it.. I managed to slide my cell phone out and call my Wife who was upstairs, To come down and help lift the bike off of me... She isn't a bike lover so she just stood there and laugh and said why don't you get rid of that death trap, before she lent a hand.. No damage except to my pride..:(

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hows this....:crzy:
Forgot to put the kickstand down while in my garage [Honda VTX 1800].
And it pinned my leg under it.. I managed to slide my cell phone out and call my Wife who was upstairs, To come down and help lift the bike off of me... She isn't a bike lover so she just stood there and laugh and said why don't you get rid of that death trap, before she lent a hand.. No damage except to my pride..:(
I knew my wife heard the noise so was rushing to pick the crap up before she opened door. I had a vtx fall in my garage the other way because I had the stand on something to level it out. Royal pain trying to get leverage to pick that monster up. Had no damage that time.

Why do we have to balance something so heavy on 2 wheels and then think we need to ride it. :crzy:

·
Registered
632 Posts
I knew my wife heard the noise so was rushing to pick the crap up before she opened door. I had a vtx fall in my garage the other way because I had the stand on something to level it out. Royal pain trying to get leverage to pick that monster up. Had no damage that time.

Why do we have to balance something so heavy on 2 wheels and then think we need to ride it. :crzy:
'
Why because its there, The same reason people climb mountains..:crzy:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yeah the kick stand thing, did that:rolleyes:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Don't have a kickstand on my Tri-Glide.. Don't need no stincken kickstand..:roll eyes:

My Gunner has one' But i only use it when i get off the bike...
[Hopefully every time]

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think I may have the winner. My supervisor sent me an excel spreadsheet to be updated. I opened it and said to myself “hey cool a short one”. Updated it, sent it back. about a half hour later he called me up to his office. So I go up and he started asking me about a few things on this sheet. Im looking at him like he’s crazy and tell him I’ve never seen these part numbers, he never sent them to me. He said that it was the sheet that I just sent him, and I said no the one you sent me was short, like 8 items…..so he scrolled down, 3rd page is the only one I had done. This was this morning by the way, and I am referred to as the “computer guru” on the rig. Still feel kinda stupid on that one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts