Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Arizona. After 97k miles on My Yamaha Tour Deluxe I purchased 2011 Ness XC. Great so far but ran out of Gas. The gauge said I had 1/2 tank and counter said had 127 till end. Low fuel light never came on either. Needless to say Be back at dealer on Monday.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum.thumb up

Yeah, the XC gas guage isn't very accurate. LoFuel should have been displayed on the LCD screen too.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats on the XC and welcome to the Victory Forum!

You may feel like the unlucky guy for running out of gas but strangely enough your luck may be the opposite. The low fuel light is supposed to come on when you have .8 gallons remaining but most people find that it comes on with around 1.5 gallons left.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well no light at all came on, and nothing like running out of Gas in Arizona when it's 106 outside. Was not happy. Plus the wind and buffeting. Now wishing I got the xct. Just love the NESS and it has a lot of accessories all ready included.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Hello from Arizona. After 97k miles on My Yamaha Tour Deluxe I purchased 2011 Ness XC. Great so far but ran out of Gas. The gauge said I had 1/2 tank and counter said had 127 till end. Low fuel light never came on either. Needless to say Be back at dealer on Monday.
Sympathy for your plight. Is it possibly some other problem? How far had you ridden on how much fuel? I can normally go right around 250 miles between fill ups when riding interstate. The fuel light comes on with 70 miles to empty. The fuel gauge itself also drops "like a rock" from the 1/4th tank level to "Showing Empty" but I have driven 50 miles from that point forward. If you didn't get a fuel light and had not gotten at LEAST 200 miles on a FULL tank and the light did not come on. I would almost think that there is something else happening here like a clogged fuel line perhaps?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats on your purchase

Congrats on the purchase of your Cross Country.
I purchased mine at the end of March this year.
Even though it has fuel gauge and low fuel light, I gage my fuel stops by the miles riden. The last time I filled up the low fuel light was on for about 20 miles and the fuel gauge was on "E" but I only put 4.8 gallons of gas in the tank.
By the way, what number do you have and where do you live?
I have #142 and live in Buffalo, NY.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Yep, please add your production number in your signature so that we know which one you got. The highest # we have heard of to date is 258 and it was still at a dealership (in the midwest I think).

I have run my bike out of fuel "on my way to fill up". I actually met my wife for lunch the bike had "balked a bit turning into the restaurant but I didn't think much about it as I figured I still had another 20 or 30 miles to go. The one thing I didn't consider was that I had been doing a fair amount of stop and go in the 30 miles after the low fuel light had came on and (apparently) had not been "gentle" with the right wrist. :rolleyes:

I filled it up but was only able to get (very slightly) over 5 gallons into the tank before it was full so although we are suppose to have a 5.8 gallon tank, it may be difficult to get a "full fill" on these bikes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Number 254 . Yes I do understand knowing how many miles you get on tank. But when gauge says 1/2 tank and no light on a bike of this price not a good thing. I have 97ka on my last bike and never flippen run out of gas. Just saying

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Number 254 . Yes I do understand knowing how many miles you get on tank. But when gauge says 1/2 tank and no light on a bike of this price not a good thing. I have 97ka on my last bike and never flippen run out of gas. Just saying
Sorry to hear about your difficulties. They DO have a low fuel light and should not run out with 1/2 tank so it sounds like you may have had some other issue. Here's to your dealer correcting it and getting you back on the road quickly. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts