Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I brought home my first (and probably not my last) Victory. It is a 1999 V92c. I have been reading the forum and am more than a little paranoid about the transmission locking up on me. How do I know if any work has been performed on the trans as far as upgrades/recalls?

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thompson, take it to a Vic dealer and ask them to run the VIN. They should be able to tell you any work which was done by any dealer. Sweet looking scoot, you're going to lover it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello thompson,i to just bought a 99 vic,i called a dealer with vin number on three different 99s none of them showed anything about trans.and all owners said no problems,bike runs great.i got to admit it makes me nervous too,when you read about the trans problems with the 99 2000 bikes.one thing a x victory dealer in danville va. told me,he thought full throttle speed shifting was part of the problem.i dont know but the one i bought has 33,000 miles and shifts fine and theres nothing on its dealer vin readout about trans issues.good luck,im really inpressed with mine so far

1 - 3 of 3 Posts