Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally pulled the trigger bought a 07 jackpot, its got 41 miles! I guess some guy bought it and returned it, but he also bought a 5 year extended warranty. So i got 5 years and 1 more factory warranty with it, pretty excited love the bike switched over from a sport bike n what a difference lol.:D

First thing to go is that stock exhaust, Im looking for performance and looks any ideas? I really like the slash cut pipes but have heard bad things about them.

if i could figure out how to post pics i would

·
Registered
579 Posts
Congrats on the new to you ride. Hard to believe a bike with so few miles.

I think you have to have your 5 posts in before you can post pics. You've only got a couple more to go.

·
Registered
336 Posts
congrats and welcome. In my (ours here on the forum) you have purchased the best made american bike thumb up

as far as performance, best bang for your buck is cams...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks, yea alot of friends n family ride harleys and they have been trying to get me into them but not really my style. I like them dont get me wrong but the look of the jackpot from the fat rear tire to thesweet style of the headlight is me. Also took one for a spin a wile ago n the power was incredible, only thing it wasnt a jackpot just a vegas so im still trying to get used to the back tire.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also what do u mean by cams? Sorry for my ignorance but i came from a sport bike were i would just toss a two brothers on n call it a day lol

·
Registered
755 Posts
Also what do u mean by cams? Sorry for my ignorance but i came from a sport bike were i would just toss a two brothers on n call it a day lol
What he meant was if you ever want more performance from your engine you can replace the cams for a reasonable price and get more power out of it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O i see, actually i feel for now the performance is decent all i want is a louder exhaust not to loud and better looks then the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
336 Posts
What he meant was if you ever want more performance from your engine you can replace the cams for a reasonable price and get more power out of it.

Yes, I always look at what is flash and what will provide the most for my money. Pipes for example are mostly flash.... Yes they will sound better than stock but can and in most cases rob you of power if you do not address intake and fuel. Overall, replacing your cams and addressing your intake, fuel and exhuast will make a beast out of your bike!!!! Cams being the biggest player...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
O awsome thanks for your input, the dealer gave me 20%wrong off all parts/service i want up untill april so making my wish list. After searching a lot of threads about exhaust i heard the slash cut is the worst thing you can do, how true is this because i love the look of them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Idk why it said 20%wrong but my phone messes some stuff up, ment 20% off

·
Registered
396 Posts
if you want slash exhaust check out rpw exhaust,
if the bike has the stock air box ditch it and go
with the s&s air box with (2005 hammer drag map download)
this mod alone will give it a good kick in the ass.
or you can go with a set of lloyds torque tubes for
a couple of hunderd dollars more,but then you will have to get
a fuel controller for another couple hundred dollars (if money
is no object). check your tires for dry rot (cracking in the
side walls or between the treds) and keep an eye on your
air pressures. oh by the way welcome to the forum!thumb up

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
here she is cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha ya got her from moms but moms in manchester they brought it up from foxboro

1 - 20 of 22 Posts