Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I hit 450 miles. So out came the new victory filter and 5 quarts of castrol 4t 10w40. Easiest change I've ever done on a bike...

It runs great, it is quieter with the castrol, shifts smoother, and is really starting to wake up after the break in period.

I debaffled the stock pipes, drilled a bunch of holes in the intake covers, put in the victory performance air filter, and unplugged the O2 sensors... It runs perfect! No popping, great torque, awesome sound.

I love this bike! 2012 vegas.

Nate

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and that break in oil was downright nasty for only having 450 miles on it. probably has something to do with it having assembly lube mixed in with it and off course being break in oil.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
545 Posts
MMMmm! Interesting! Is there a different oil in the bikes from new rather than Vic 20w-40 semi-synth?

Mags
As far as I knew... the bikes have a break in period of 500 miles, but the oil is not a specific break-in oil... just the factory recommended Victory semi synthetic 10w-40.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
5 quarts are you sure? I have a 2012 Jackpot and Owner's Manual says... 8.75-9.0 pints!!!

Also have Service Manual... it says... total capacity 5 quarts... at oil and filter change 4.5 quarts approximately.

I'd do a dip as per Vic method and pull some out if you have to... you dont want any rotating parts hitting oil that arent supposed to... and foaming it up!!!

Mags

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Well I hit 450 miles. So out came the new victory filter and 5 quarts of castrol 4t 10w40.
It runs great, it is quieter with the castrol, shifts smoother
I ran Castrol Synth 20-50 in all my bikes for years because all their transmissions seemed to work so well with it. Now, the only Castrol I find is really light weight oil like 5-30.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts