Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
If it is just barely I think you will be fine but I am sure Kevin will jump in. thumb up

·
Registered
472 Posts
Did you start it let it run then shut it off let it sit for a couple minutes then check it?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Start it let it run a couple then shut it down, wait a few and re-check it....sometimes have to let it run through the filter...How much did you put in it....? Check that against what your manual states on capacity....

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I thought it takes 5 quarts. So you didn't shake the bike up and down for every drop of old oil to come out? :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok - from the "did you plug it in?" help desk....

Are you checking the oil while the bike is upright and not on the side stand? That's how to check the oil in these bikes.

Sorry if it's obvious. Never appreciated that piece of engineering. Checking the oil shouldn't require two people, a center stand or a lift.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i use a 4"x4" block under the kickstand to level the bike.thumb up

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Checking the oil shouldn't require two people, a center stand or a lift.
I agree. It would have made a lot more sense to have the reading taken when the bike's leaning on its side stand. Otherwise, some will hold it more vertical than others, while some will forget to hold it upwards all together.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just hit my 500 miles last week (before getting sick :puke:). So I am stoked about doing my oil change this weekend.

I am supposed to make a long ride on Sunday (to Kingman, AZ) but I am not sure the body is up to it.:mad:

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Just hit my 500 miles last week (before getting sick :puke:). So I am stoked about doing my oil change this weekend.

I am supposed to make a long ride on Sunday (to Kingman, AZ) but I am not sure the body is up to it.:mad:
Yep. Something is going around. I had the bug between Christmas and New Years. :(

Kingman isn't really a long ride for someone coming from Vegas but I guess it could be if you have the flu or bad cold. I'm in Lake Havasu City so I get over to Kingman many times a year and up to Vegas a few times a year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts