Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a new 2012 Vegas 8 Ball!! I've been looking at Harleys for a few months and didn't see anything local that thrilled me. I came across an ad for a Victory Vegas 8 Ball and was instantly hooked! I knew about Victory, seen a few bikes, but they were not fresh in my mind. I looked at more for sale and watched you tube videos. Then went to the local dealer, only 10 miles away, and went for a 30 mile demo ride. Got back to the dealer and signed the contract!!! Bike should be ready next week!! Can't wait!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congrats. I've owned 4 HD's, and there is no comparison in performance. Even with stage 1 kits my Harleys couldn't touch the Vic. 4-valve modern motor vs 1930's technology.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Ordered a new 2012 Vegas 8 Ball!! I've been looking at Harleys for a few months and didn't see anything local that thrilled me. I came across an ad for a Victory Vegas 8 Ball and was instantly hooked! I knew about Victory, seen a few bikes, but they were not fresh in my mind. I looked at more for sale and watched you tube videos. Then went to the local dealer, only 10 miles away, and went for a 30 mile demo ride. Got back to the dealer and signed the contract!!! Bike should be ready next week!! Can't wait!!
Oh, now you've done it...

Congratulations on a wise choice.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats. I've owned 4 HD's, and there is no comparison in performance. Even with stage 1 kits my Harleys couldn't touch the Vic. 4-valve modern motor vs 1930's technology.

I've had two 103 inch Harley's and my 03 Vegas is quicker with a smaller motor. Is quicker a word??? lol

To the OP, enjoy your new bike!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UGH!!! So, apparently it takes 5 days to ship a bike from Indiana to NJ! Pick up will be Sat morning. Still can't wait!

·
Registered
147 Posts
How do you sleep? I thought I was bad... LOL...

I'm picking up mine tomorrow morning. Had to bump it from Saturday. Sucks to be me, huh?

Try not to drool on the tank when you get it! ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,940 Posts
Post up a lot of pictures when you get done riding it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey I got one day with mine then went in leave for 10 days lol poor bike. But I did put 200 on it already and it started at 0.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just got a call from the dealer. A bike came in that was ordered before mine and a bike came in that was ordered after mine. Mine has not yet arrived! WTF! Might not be able to pick up until Tuesday! Now I'm not happy!

·
Registered
396 Posts
paitence grasshopper!
it will be worth the wait...thumb up

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
paitence grasshopper!
it will be worth the wait...thumb up
:soapbox: I am a patient person except when things go wrong. Now Murphy's law is going to take over. I have been through this chit before. It is going to be a chain reaction of BS and screw ups and it is not worth the aggravation. I may change the deal and buy the one I test rode. It has a couple of extras that really do not add up to that much more $. I should have just bought it in the first place!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Don't settle. Just wait it out it will be worth it. I wouldn't buy the demo unless it is a great deal. Demo bikes are not broken in properly and get abused by everyone that throws a leg over.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts