Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where kevinx and his crew installed cams, 1/4 turn and dyno'd my 2011XC. Great crew he has. Just a couple nice guys who do good work. It was hot today (92) and they where doing all this outside. I'm very happy. Took only a couple of photos, wish I took more.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure why the pictures are so crappy when I post them. Oh well. End result is 110 hp 114 torque. Very nice!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not sure why the pictures are so crappy when I post them. Oh well. End result is 110 hp 114 torque. Very nice!
Nice, what cams? VM1-DR?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Im probably incorrect , but I always thought you were looking at 120hp/119t roughly with cams added ... Heck Im putting out 99hp with no cams and 113t . Wouldnt be a financially sound investment to lay out 1200.00 for 10HP for MY Bike IMO . Cams , install , and 2 cylinder tune ....

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
193 Posts
Those are there ones!
I just had those installed by Noemtz here in Houston. He used a PCV map that he got from KevinX that matched my mod setup exactly, so I have not had it re-dynode yet and don't have the new numbers, but it is a very noticeable difference and I LOVE IT!!

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im probably incorrect , but I always thought you were looking at 120hp/119t roughly with cams added ... Heck Im putting out 99hp with no cams and 113t . Wouldnt be a financially sound investment to lay out 1200.00 for 10HP for MY Bike IMO . Cams , install , and 2 cylinder tune ....
Well with a fuel controller, pipes and lloydz air cleaner I was running 89 hp and 106 tq from a prior dyno tune so for me the cams made a huge increase in hp. You can't see my graph very well but Kevin said the low end on mine was impressive.
While I was there a guy got a pc5 installed and then a tune. I know he had the air filter and some sort of pipes. Didn't have cams and I don't know about a timing gear. His tune netted him 91 hp and 110 tq. I don't know what your setup is but I think 99hp is pretty darn good without cams. Who knows? You might see more significant gains than others.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are there ones!
I just had those installed by Noemtz here in Houston. He used a PCV map that he got from KevinX that matched my mod setup exactly, so I have not had it re-dynode yet and don't have the new numbers, but it is a very noticeable difference and I LOVE IT!!
Yes the difference is amazing! I had the 1/4 turn ring installed there to. It's like the power is there immediately. One thing i noticed too is that in 6th gear running at 70 mph there's still plenty of power there if you need it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts