Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all.... I just found this forum after I started seeing a few Victory's that I liked. I currently own an 05 Hayabusa and an 07 Boulevard 109. I am trying to sell my 109 in order to get a bagger. I was REALLY interested in getting an HD Road Glide BUT!! I'm really drawn to the Cross Country now. I think i'm going to schedule a test ride at my nearest dealer which is 2 1/2 hrs. away. Looking forward to connecting with some of you if I take the leap.

Later

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Hello to all.... I just found this forum after I started seeing a few Victory's that I liked. I currently own an 05 Hayabusa and an 07 Boulevard 109. I am trying to sell my 109 in order to get a bagger. I was REALLY interested in getting an HD Road Glide BUT!! I'm really drawn to the Cross Country now. I think i'm going to schedule a test ride at my nearest dealer which is 2 1/2 hrs. away. Looking forward to connecting with some of you if I take the leap.

Later
Welcome to the forum. You're on the right track - test ride and see what the bikes have to say to you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CrossRoads

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
The HD Road Glide is a good bike, but the Cross Country is a great bike. I'm sure you'll feel the same way after your test ride. Hell, all the Victory Cross bikes are great bikes.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Just remember when you take that test ride...."if you try it, you'll buy it". Don't ask me how I know. :rolleyes::rolleyes:thumb upthumb up

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all so far. I have a question also. Do the Victory dealers work with you on price better than the Harley dealers???

Just curious.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Thanks to all so far. I have a question also. Do the Victory dealers work with you on price better than the Harley dealers???

Just curious.
Can't generalize on that. Depends how desperate the particular dealer is, which depends on how their sales are going, how much inventory they have, etc. While the Vics are not distressed merchandise, you can work out good deals depending on how much negotiating effort you are willing to put into it. If you don't ask for a discount, nobody will force one upon you.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
CR is right, it really depends.

Thankfully, I had many Victory dealers to compare prices, that were within two hours of the house. In the end, it wasn't price that sold me, it was the good gut feeling I got at the shop and they had the best Victory mechanic working there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks CR and RedRocker. Just needed to know if there is wiggle room which sounds like there is. The Harley dealers i've dealt with didn't try to budge and I went to 4 different places.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Welcome, I agree so far Victory is my favorite bike I have owned. Easy to work on with the help of KevX, guy is a genius,but that is for another time. Anyways hope it works out for you. Also the guys I have met that own Victorys are pretty cool, don't get the I don't have the right kind of Victory attitude.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Because the sales manager priced my bike wrong, I got all my accessories and options for free. They didn't try to backpedal or jerk me around on it, they just let $2k ride away to make the sale. But I imagine the haggling will vary from dealer to dealer.

I think the Road Glide is a sharp lookin bike, but after I rode my Cross Roads, there was no going back, no talking Harley or Kawasaki (which I also considered). That bike was good as sold.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Because the sales manager priced my bike wrong, I got all my accessories and options for free. They didn't try to backpedal or jerk me around on it, they just let $2k ride away to make the sale. But I imagine the haggling will vary from dealer to dealer.

I think the Road Glide is a sharp lookin bike, but after I rode my Cross Roads, there was no going back, no talking Harley or Kawasaki (which I also considered). That bike was good as sold.
Yeah, I liked the Road Glide because it's different from ALL of the Street Glides around here. BUT the XC is EXTREMELY rare where I live. I love to be different!!! It's even better to be different on a great bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts