Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's like 25 degrees out so I didn't road test to see how it does with highway wind. But i got it mounted. Went with the trigger locks so I can take it off. It'll mostly just be for longer rides. Now I just have to get it painted and pinstriped.

I will tell you this, if you're thinking of one, be prepared to mess with it for a while. It takes some wiggling to get it to line up well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
How bout a shot from the front ....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best I got right now, from the front, I'm a little under the weather but I'll get some better pics after I paint it anyway.

Not sure why so many guys have such an aversion to windshields and fairings. It's so much nicer at 70. Plus it has quick release mounts so comes off in like 10 seconds for when I'm just cruising around town.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Nice work!
Now if you can figure out a way to add or remove XC bags and a long rear fender just as fast I may have to jump on board myself.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I've been pretty happy with it. Being able to take it on and off easily is what really did it for me. Sometimes I feel like sticking my arms up there and catching a good wind and sometimes I just want to relax and take it real easy, fairing is best of both worlds in my opinion. Now just gotta decide if I want to match the matte or leave it glossed. It's growing on me glossed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Batwing

Well it's like 25 degrees out so I didn't road test to see how it does with highway wind. But i got it mounted. Went with the trigger locks so I can take it off. It'll mostly just be for longer rides. Now I just have to get it painted and pinstriped.

I will tell you this, if you're thinking of one, be prepared to mess with it for a while. It takes some wiggling to get it to line up well.
What model/part number is that? When I looked for one they said it would not fit on the highball. I have a 2013 HB and been looking for something like this for highway long hauls

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
If I had a 13 HB and wanted a fairing... I would find an slightly larger round headlight and go with the dead Center cycles product!!! Throw some custom leather bags on and look the **** out!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Memphis Shades Batwing is not designed to fit the Highball, but it will. They said the same thing when I called the company.

It just takes a little finagling to get the mounts right, they have to sit at an angle and requires a little flex on the fairing to fit up. I messed with it for quite a while before I got it just right, but when I pop it on for a long ride, it is worth it!

Anything to get more ride out of your ride!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Certainly is a lot more to the Dead Center fairing, but it does not offer quick detach for the Vics:
"Quick detach fitment for: Road King, Heritage Softail, Fatboy and Deluxe
Bolt on fitment for: Switchback, Freewheeler, Victory, and Yamaha Roadstar"

The Wide Open Customs look good too, but I think they are bolt on only, not quick detach.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The wide open customs is too large for the steel frame Vic's. The Dead Center Cycles "Road Captain" is the perfect size... I seen one on a Kingpin with some leather Cross Roads bags on it and it was unreal looking. Spoked Ridewright fat 50's on it with a 3.5x21" front... Amazing looking machine. All the HD guys where all over it.

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Everyone forget the batwing... Dead Center Cycles fairing is way nicer.
It looks like a quality fairing but the thing I don't like, at least as far as putting it on a Vic, is it looks too Harley-ish. I have nothing at all against HD and kinda miss them in a way but the Vic look is so nice because it is so different.

I cringe when I see a set of HD saddlebags on a Vic. I understand why they did it, oh, 5-10 years ago, but not nowadays when there are so many more options it just doesn't make much sense; at least to me. Fortunately different strokes makes the world go around. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts