1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wasn't a kit. Bought a roll of LEDs and soldered them myself. I got a multi color control that changes them 9 different colors and has different blinking patterns.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
It wasn't a kit. Bought a roll of LEDs and soldered them myself. I got a multi color control that changes them 9 different colors and has different blinking patterns.
Nice work. thumb up Any chance we can see a youtube video demonstration in the near future? wac

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Great job Hockey.

Any chance you could post a material and source list for those of us that would like to follow your lead?cheers

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice job man. I did mine myself to about 2 years ago. Where you are located is it okay to ride with them on? It is in AZ only if they are not blue, red, or flashing. Also what did you use for the ones under on the frame. Mine kept falling off.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I live in PA and all colors are legal as long as they are not flashing. I used 3m tape on all of mine to make sure they stay on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hmm... That is what is holding all mine on. Maybe the AZ heat just doesn't let them 3m stick down low near the black top.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Hmm... That is what is holding all mine on. Maybe the AZ heat just doesn't let them 3m stick down low near the black top.
did you wipe both surfaces (frame and LEDS) with alcohol before applying the 3m tape?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes, I made sure the surface was perfectly clean. Wiped down with alcohol until nothing came off on the white rags.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts