Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wasnt a huge fan of the LED fender wrap tail light so I went with these Custom Dynamics dual color LEDs. They are sic nasty! It has a amber LED "ring halo " around the red LED brake lights, look awesome. Install was one of the biggest pains in my *** and I wouldn't recommended installing them your self if your not somewhat mechanically inclined but they sure do look good. Cheers cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple more

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bike looks really good. The lights are great. Do you need a license plate where you are??
Lol I was hoping no one would notice, I have a side mount plate but i broke it so im hoping it'll arrive in the mail come Monday.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you use a resistor? they are flashing to fast.[/QUOTE. I do have them but not installed. There wasn't much room for them and to be honest by the time I finally got everything to work out , I was over it n wasn't spending any more time on it. When winter hits I'm taken it apart again to add those n paint my stock break light along with other things.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice. Just put KewlMetal LED Bullets on my Jackpot. Very happy with them. Kept the plate on back but I have a side mount bracket. I'm still contemplating using it.
Are your signals wired up as a run/turn/brake? If so, did, or how did u wire up ur stock brake light ? I couldn't get the stock brake light to work when I spliced in the aftermarket run/turn/brake lights

·
Registered
96 Posts
Set them up as turn signals only. They're amber lights. I was told for running lights they have to be red. It did come with a third wire to hook them up as running lights but I just didn't use it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Few things,
How did you mount the lights there?
Where is your plate mount from?
Do you have a lowered kickstand?
I used the rear bolt hole for the chrome strut mount. I attached 3 rubber grommets and a washer to each stem of bullet signals and screwed it into place. You will need the rubber grommets and washer to facilitate the correct angle that you want the signals to sit, as well as being a tight fit so they do vibrate loose. Once the signals are in place, you will need to attached male and female adaptors to the bullet wires and stock harness wires. All of this will done under the fender with little to no room to work. Once the adaptors are installed and connected on the stock wiring harness and the bullet signal wires, zip tie extra slack of wires to the inner fender mount.
To be honest, is was a huge pain in the buns, but it does look pretty good and IMO looks better that the LED strip across the rear fender.

Pretty sure I got the side mount plate off ebay.

I have the stock kick stand.

the craiglist link below has some pictures and clips of the bike.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/mcy/4030370911.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the detailed post, i too think it looks alot better than the strip light.
Bike is slick, curious why your selling it?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the detailed post, i too think it looks alot better than the strip light.
Bike is slick, curious why your selling it?
I'll be purchasing a Cross Country when i sell or trade-in this bike. Need a bike with loud tunes to blast my country and a more comfy seat for the wifey. This winter I'll rake out the Cross Country, 23'' front rim, extend the bags, slam it, and get some nice ape hangers. Come spring time I'll be posting all sorts of sweet stuff on this forum.cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Hey , not to hijack your thread but did I read you have a 280 on your stock rim? Is it the Metzeler? Fit OK? I always thought the 280 was a NO-GO on the stock rim.... Thanks for any info on this.cheers

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey , not to hijack your thread but did I read you have a 280 on your stock rim? Is it the Metzeler? Fit OK? I always thought the 280 was a NO-GO on the stock rim.... Thanks for any info on this.cheers
Yes, its a 280 metz on stock rim. Fits great, not a whole heck of a lot wider than the stock tire because the stock rim is obviously not wide enough utilize the full width of the 280, but you can definitely tell that there is a bit of a difference between the two. and IMO it rides better than stock and looks better than stock.
People that say its a NO-GO drink zero calorie beer and order salads at a BBQ smoke house. I've had two bikes now (m109r and jackpot. Same stock wheel and tire dimensions) that I've ran multiple 280's on the stock rim and never ran into issue. I might just be the lucky one... or there just isn't any real problems with running the 280. To each their own tho!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thank you , Thatguy.cheers

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Yes, its a 280 metz on stock rim. Fits great, not a whole heck of a lot wider than the stock tire because the stock rim is obviously not wide enough utilize the full width of the 280, but you can definitely tell that there is a bit of a difference between the two. and IMO it rides better than stock and looks better than stock.
People that say its a NO-GO drink zero calorie beer and order salads at a BBQ smoke house. I've had two bikes now (m109r and jackpot. Same stock wheel and tire dimensions) that I've ran multiple 280's on the stock rim and never ran into issue. I might just be the lucky one... or there just isn't any real problems with running the 280. To each their own tho!
Totally hijacking this thread, is there any way you can post some pics of your rear tire? Closeups from different angles? Thanks in advance, I wondered if the 280 would fit as the profile isn't much wider than the Dunlop 250...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Totally hijacking this thread, is there any way you can post some pics of your rear tire? Closeups from different angles? Thanks in advance, I wondered if the 280 would fit as the profile isn't much wider than the Dunlop 250...

Here is a couple

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

And a couple more

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts