Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. I am new to the forum but have owned my Vic for almost a year.

I have been riding for about 35 years on and off. I have owned 12-13 bikes through the years, mostly UJM standards and a few Goldwings. I hadn't ridden in the about 3-4 years when I decided I needed to ride again in May 2012. I wanted a v-twin cruiser but didn't want to buy anything too pricey because I wanted to make sure I would ride enough.

I bought a Honda Aero 1100, with the single pin motor for the "genuine" HD sound. I loved the bike, it looked great and sounded good, but it was too slow. It had just over 50 HP and it was not enough, especially two up which I do a lot with my wife on the back. I put almost 3000 miles on the Honda in a couple of months but I knew I wanted something stronger.

I looked around and found a 2002 V92C in July of 2012. The bike had a stage 1 fuel programmer and pipes but was otherwise stock, with just under 40,000 miles on it. I have since added a Mustang seat, windshield, soft bags, and driving lights.

I put over 2500 miles on the bike from late July - October when the season ended in upstate NY. I moved to the SF Bay Area in February and have been riding quite a bit lately, adding another 1500 miles of seat time. I love the bike and am looking forward to learning from all of you and sharing some experiences.

Thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts