Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I got my **** together to sort out my new aquisition, 04 Vegas.
Brought it with a broken belt, so changed out the belt in about 30 minutes. Compare that to a HD belt change.
I took off all the grey painted peg mounts, gear/brake levers & took them to the powdercoater to change to gloss black.
OMG they look great, now I regret not doing the rear pulley, & he tells me he can do a Black "wrinkle finish" on my grey swingarm. Maybe another time when I have the rear wheel out.
I had the mufflers off and decided to clean up the road tar and dirt accumulated.
Best fix for tar!!??? Spray WD40, then wipe with liberal amount of Turpentine. This works a treat!
AND then just to top off my day, I followed up an old lead and found a 1969 BSA Lightning in a garage with 7800 original miles, beautiful paint, new chrome wheels, stainless spokes, new parts galore BUT stripped down. You know it!!! I stole it and its now in my garage!! My new Winter project.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Sounds like great fun, congraduation on your purchase and projects!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully I can post pic's & Avatar after this 4th post! cheers
I been round & round in circles on this forum.

Ill take my camera today when I pick up the '69 BSA basket case.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I just read your intro and it sounds like you're practically a Victory dealer! Good on you for buying/reparing all those bikes and helping make Victory a better known name in NZ!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts