Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByMO Free1432379323.072619.jpg
Having a bit of a look around before going for a ride and found this.
I knew that the tyre was getting low so was keeping an eye on it.
I found this and started to think i am lucky i saw this because an XCT rear tyre is surrounded by guards and panniers etc.
Glad I discovered this at home and not 500 klms from home and no tyre shops within cooee. Could make for nerve racking ride home!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Don't you carry a flat repair kit.....? :ltr:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
That's a blowout waiting to happen , good find , and it probably is your lucky day .cheers

·
Registered
632 Posts
Your not lucky, You're smart' How many riders take the time to check their tires before they ride? Even new tires can rip.' What with all the crap on the roads.. And the ones with miles on them especially..

·
Registered
132 Posts
That was a good catch. I had a rear tire blow out going 75 mph and it isn't a fun thing to deal with. Thankfully I was towing a trailer and I believe that actually kept me steady. Checking your tires regularly is a good thing, but things happen. Good old AAA made my day that time...

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gotta wonder what happened there. Did a piece of the tire just peel off or did something cut it first?

Yep. Good argument for checking over the bike in general but especially the tires.

I suspect I have hit something in the last week or two.
But how many of us check a rear tyre ALL the way around it. It would require jacking or two people.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gotta say, I dont like not being able to go for ride:(

·
Registered
632 Posts
But how many of us check a rear tyre ALL the way around it. It would require jacking or two people.

Just get a Rollastand.. you can check the tire by yourself no jacking just ride on and off and also youcan clean the wheel without moving the bike.. 39.99$, Been using one for years.. thumb up

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Roughly 9196 miles, better check mine...:(

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts

http://www.motorcycle.com/mobile
I bet I don't check my tires like I should more than once every few months. I'm really bad about that. I imagine it will catch up to me someday...

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Change my Bait

Might have to change my bait, Ive mentioned Dark side a couple of times now and no bites:D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts