Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Just lucky I guess!

4K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  WABlue 
#1 ·
Tire

Having a bit of a look around before going for a ride and found this.
I knew that the tyre was getting low so was keeping an eye on it.
I found this and started to think i am lucky i saw this because an XCT rear tyre is surrounded by guards and panniers etc.
Glad I discovered this at home and not 500 klms from home and no tyre shops within cooee. Could make for nerve racking ride home!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't you carry a flat repair kit.....? :ltr:

#9 ·
Your not lucky, You're smart' How many riders take the time to check their tires before they ride? Even new tires can rip.' What with all the crap on the roads.. And the ones with miles on them especially..

#11 ·
That was a good catch. I had a rear tire blow out going 75 mph and it isn't a fun thing to deal with. Thankfully I was towing a trailer and I believe that actually kept me steady. Checking your tires regularly is a good thing, but things happen. Good old AAA made my day that time...

#13 ·
Hey WA, is that an 880 Metzler by any chance?

Russ.

#18 ·
Roughly 9196 miles, better check mine...:(

#20 ·
Change my Bait

Might have to change my bait, Ive mentioned Dark side a couple of times now and no bites:D

#21 ·
My rear tire is near the tread wear of yours and I'm thinking dark side myself.

#24 ·
The bait!

Now ya just gettin silly :crzy:

That would be like me sayin I,m gunna put a Motocross tyre on :rolleyes:

We'll see if this gets more than just a nibble wac

#27 ·
As an alternative choice, I have just gone to the Darkside with a Yokahama and am extremely pleased with the results. The best source I found for Darkside info is on the GL1800 site under Darkside for those interested.
There, someone took the baitthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up:D
Ride safe, Jim

#28 ·
20 thousand on my CT will put on a new CT next spring.
Yes I don't corner like a MC tire but is that all bad. I do scrap my floor boards a lot. For a $110 bucks as a posed to $250 bucks

#35 ·
Price was right!

It would have cost me over $300 Au to replace the Dunlop with another one. The research I did over the weekend on the Net I could not find enough reason to not try the Darkside.
One thing I did see was that some are VERY passionate about the subject either way.:mad:thumb up:crzy:
After the first ride I'm not about to remove the tyre in fact in a straight line it behaves very well. I'll take the "war office" for a ride this afternoon and get her feedback. I'm not expecting anything from her. With the lower tyre pressure (28 psi) I think she may like it.wac
Anyway I'm not about to try and set any new Land speed records etc, I've only got a touring bike not a crotch rocket. cheers

#38 ·
Similar to running a car tire on the back. Longer lasting tire up front. Really more for superslab runners than canyon carvers. Works best if the tire is a dual compound tire so cornering still feels confident like this Battlax is.

If you read some of the comments of the tire in the link I provided you might get more of a feel for what folks think about it. I will definitely buy another when this one finally wears out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.