Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Didn't need any heat or scraping with plastic tools, just my fingernail and some 90 degree pulling. It came off in several small pieces.

I used ronson lighter fluid to remove the sticky gunk. It did the job very well, and very easy.

Just sharing the love!

·
Premium Member
12,984 Posts
Gotta luv the crazy world we live in where even a toothbrush has to have directions for use. Between the stickers and reflectors on each new bike I've bought; there's an hour gone from my life removing them that wasn't used to ride. ;)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Uh OH....You're going to jail!!!

You'll be in the cell next to the guy that pulled the tag off the pillow.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I did need a heat gun. Came off in pieces also. Cleaned it up with WD40

·
Registered
116 Posts
I peeled off all the stickers on the down tubes of the frame also...but saved them by sticking them inside the side covers. Why? Because when I did that to my 2010 Harley Dyna Wide Glide and sold it to a guy from Australia, the shipper would not clear the bike for overseas shipping without the stickers which had the build date and country of origin. Fortunately, the dealer where I bought the bike had their certificate of origin paperwork saved in a file, made me a copy and that satisfied the shipper and off to Australian it went. If you happen to be in Australia and see a 2010 Harley Dyna Wide Glide broke down by the side of the road, that'd be the one. In two years had 16 warranty repairs the last being the dropped valve guide in the front cylinder and all within 17,000 miles.:mad: That was my 6th Harley and aside from a 2003 VROD which I put 41,000 miles on...they were all eligible for the lemon law. My 2011 Victory Vegas Jackpot, however, is just the opposite: 9,200 miles in the first 11 months and it's been flawless. thumb up

·
Registered
136 Posts
Peeled it off with finger nail and then goo b gone. Worked great

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts