·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Sweet 'Pin! clap.gif

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice Bike

That is nice. Buy it from a dealer or from a previous owner? Now the fun begins. Just an FYI for customizations that you can do look at the show off your kingpin thread. You can get some good ideas for customizations you might like to do. The first thing I would do is get rid of the sign post on the rear fender. Worst looking stock license plate bracket ever. There is also a thread for a fairly inexpensive radius lay down LP bracket conversion on this site. Of course customizations are personal preference so do what makes you feel good. Enjoy and Ride Safe.

·
Registered
931 Posts
That is nice. Buy it from a dealer or from a previous owner? Now the fun begins. Just an FYI for customizations that you can do look at the show off your kingpin thread. You can get some good ideas for customizations you might like to do. The first thing I would do is get rid of the sign post on the rear fender. Worst looking stock license plate bracket ever. There is also a thread for a fairly inexpensive radius lay down LP bracket conversion on this site. Of course customizations are personal preference so do what makes you feel good. Enjoy and Ride Safe.
I made my own laydown bracket

Cut off the light remove reflectors, remove the rear piece with the wire pass thru. 2 cuts on the raised reinforcement dimples slowly bent to my liking. Brazed the cuts shut sanded painted done.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks folks,sorry have not replied sooner,been out riding
bought bike from dealer,traded in an 05 vegas anniversary.
Thinking I will not do too much more to it but know how that goes:crzy:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes,that bracket has to go!
I once visited Lees Summit,about 10 yrs ago
glenn

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I made my own laydown bracket

Cut off the light remove reflectors, remove the rear piece with the wire pass thru. 2 cuts on the raised reinforcement dimples slowly bent to my liking. Brazed the cuts shut sanded painted done.
pics???
glenn

·
Registered
442 Posts
Beautiful! Man you can never put bags on and cover those awesome fenders!
I dunno about that... tsukayu bags follow the lines of the KP fenders almost perfectly and really complement the look imo.

I'm going to be trimming the fenders just a touch to follow the bags even better.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dunno about that... tsukayu bags follow the lines of the KP fenders almost perfectly and really complement the look imo.

I'm going to be trimming the fenders just a touch to follow the bags even better.
they DO look good
glenn

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is something jus so right about a sweet bike parked next to a cactus! I need to move my ass to the desert!!!
moved here from Washington,D.C.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!

nuthin' like a pair of big jugs dressed in black. a combination that NEVER gets old!!!!

cheers

1 - 20 of 30 Posts