Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
I really like the Judge. Just pure ground pounding fun in town, the twisties, or for day rides. No knocking the first year ones but I like the seat, forward pegs, and side covers better now.

It compares to a Dyna in the HD family except better; of course. :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
Agreed. Equal in looks, but the 14 changes are superior to me as well. What is that "guard" behind the primary?

·
12,984 Posts
California bike I see looks nice Merry Christmas is right

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Agreed. Equal in looks, but the 14 changes are superior to me as well. What is that "guard" behind the primary?
That is a fume canister usually seen only on California bikes. Easy to remove if someone just doesn't like the looks of them. Does not affect performance one way or the other. Some modify them to hold something like a tool kit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did u drag any pegs or exhaust yet? Can the judge be ridden aggressive in the curves without the fun being dampened by dragging parts to quick due to low lean angle clearance?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Did u drag any pegs or exhaust yet? Can the judge be ridden aggressive in the curves without the fun being dampened by dragging parts to quick due to low lean angle clearance?
No issues at speed for me at all.. handles the curves with no problems. The 2 times I have dragged a peg ( the bolt underneath) were both low speed 90 & 180 degree turns.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looks real nice, but Victory needs to do something with their stock exhaust. What a waste of money and materials, everybody changes their stock exhaust when they buy a Victory.cheers

·
Registered
295 Posts
How's the seat treating you? The 2013 seat was a torture rack(for me anyway). That really put me off the bike. I just got back from the IMS. I sat on a 14 Judge, and the new seat "seems" better. The hump in the center of the seat is gone, but the seat is still not a long haul seat. I really like the Judge, but I'm a bit concerned about that seat still!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations! I'm really glad Victory did something about the Judge's side covers; I'd ride one of those, now. Sounds like they fixed the cornering clearance problem, too- that was something people were complaining about at last summer's demo run, although I never got a chance to find out for myself.

·
Registered
282 Posts
How's the seat treating you? The 2013 seat was a torture rack(for me anyway). That really put me off the bike. I just got back from the IMS. I sat on a 14 Judge, and the new seat "seems" better. The hump in the center of the seat is gone, but the seat is still not a long haul seat. I really like the Judge, but I'm a bit concerned about that seat still!

I took a 6 day 2500 km ride on my 2013 Judge with the stock seat and found it very comfortable.
We all have different shaped asses I guess.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Fine machine you have there Billy- congrats!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Haven't taken any kind of serious road trip- but have spent 2-3 continuous hours in the seat with no issues at all for me. I would anticipate a longer trip being pretty good for the rider.

2 up gets dicey.

Wise man sayeth in previous post: Everyone's asses are different.

Seat is SLICK. Don't be surprised if your passenger shifts around a lot. I do not yet have my backrest installed thanks to Victory's inability to provide the mounting spools. That supposedly ends late this month.

My passenger complained after the first hour of butt soreness, and repeated this complaint about every hour thereafter. However- a noticeable improvement began to take shape as we got a few more rides in. She feels that the backrest will solve the problem completely. I have little argument about that other than to note that the Judge's passenger seat is noticeably less padded than say- a BW. I won't compare it to a bagger on up because that's just silly.

The footpegs force a little more bend in her knee than she would prefer, but nothing worthy of being a showstopper.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts