Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting my first 2 posts in by introducing myself. Just bought my first victory this summer and already can't imagine life without it. 2003 victory vegas yellow bought it with barely over 2,000 miles on it!

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Hey back at ya Deladude. Unless you have proof positive that your new bike has been thoroughly serviced; fresh oil & filter, new brake fluid and tires if those are the originals - 14 years is too old. Check that the battery terminal bolts have lock washers under their heads and are tight. A lot of complaints here are cured by tightening the battery bolts.
FYI; Complete a profile and signature - we have a member who does unspeakable things to posters who don't.

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Just getting my first 2 posts in by introducing myself. Just bought my first victory this summer and already can't imagine life without it. 2003 victory vegas yellow bought it with barely over 2,000 miles on it!
Welcome from Florida! Enjoy the new ride!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. And ricz thanks for the heads up! Haha
I'll update all that here in a bit. Stuck in the garage atm with the bike ripped apart trying to replace a broken clutch cable. Turning into a nightmare.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
This would be an excellent opportunity to replace with a Barnett clutch cable. Much higher quality, tougher and makes for an easier clutch pull.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
already dropped $150 on this one :/
but anyway i was able to get it thru the frame tube and for the hell of it tried just pulling it thru the mount that i couldnt get to to unbolt and sure enough it fit!

should be all down hill from here! ill have to take pics when my phone charges a bit and post them for anyone having trouble in the future. found people who had the same problem but no one had a solution.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome Deladude from Elmvale On Canada....

Enjoy and Ride Safe!

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts