Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Price seems good. Why does he say its a 1802cc? That's a huge bore kit for the 92ci. Also I see n upgraded exhaust but no mention of a fuel controller or air filter.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm always leery of people that don't know much about their bikes. If they don't know much about them how do they know if anything is wrong? I don't see the snorkel air cleaner that I believe came on this bike so it must have an aftermarket intake and hopefully some type of fuel controller. I would ask plenty of questions and make sure you get the right answers before I drive 4 hours to look at it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm always leery of people that don't know much about their bikes. If they don't know much about them how do they know if anything is wrong? I don't see the snorkel air cleaner that I believe came on this bike so it must have an aftermarket intake and hopefully some type of fuel controller. I would ask plenty of questions and make sure you get the right answers before I drive 4 hours to look at it.
Agreed! That is why I came here. Did it come with a snorkel?

I need you guys to tell me what to ask and look for.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yea they came with the snorkel. Ask him when the mods were put on and what fuel controller it has. If he has no clue and wasn't the one that put it on I would be a leery. Just don't like buying something that you don't know who did what to and how it's been treated. The bikes barely been ridden so who knows what kind of maintenance has been done.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea they came with the snorkel. Ask him when the mods were put on and what fuel controller it has. If he has no clue and wasn't the one that put it on I would be a leery. Just don't like buying something that you don't know who did what to and how it's been treated. The bikes barely been ridden so who knows what kind of maintenance has been done.
Right! A 10 year old bike with only 11k has been sitting for a while. I don't think he has a clue.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Someone put mods on it for a reason. They probably rode it like they stole it and then sold it! The engines are tanks so I wouldn't really be too concerned. But you may want to think about the maintenance you will need and add that to the price. Oil change, brake pad/fluid change, tires, and some of the thing that usually go with that model, clutch cable and intake boot are some of the things that come to mind. Maybe vindex will come in and help he has quite of few miles on his could help you out.

·
Registered
477 Posts
That's a Fine looking bike!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
That's a Fine looking bike!
Pretty is skin deep! I don't like breakdowns and quirky problems... my jag gives me enough of those.

I've had 4 bikes in 3 years. I need the right fit. I want something that I can ride every day without it costing me an arm/leg and something that will handle me and wife @ 400+ lbs. when she feels like riding with me.

Is this the right bike? Man! I love to ride! :crzy:

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

3k53o73lb5V15Q55P1b7n37af9e37c22414a5.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

·
Registered
427 Posts
Like all bikes they have their quirks. Forgot about the fuel pumps on the older models. I just don't like to buy a bike from someone that doesn't know anything about it. They buy them for the cool factor and usually only know something's wrong when it won't start. I'd rather buy a 10yr old bike with 50k from the original owner than buy a 10yr old bike with 11k from who knows how many owners and a guy that really doesn't know squat about his bike. The vegas will do everything you want it to do. I would go test ride one if you have a dealer close to you. They haven't changed much other than bigger motor and a 6 sp trans. There are plenty nice used ones out there. Like I said ask the right questions if he doesn't know then be prepared to replace the things I have listed for peace of mind if anything.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Like all bikes they have their quirks. Forgot about the fuel pumps on the older models. I just don't like to buy a bike from someone that doesn't know anything about it. They buy them for the cool factor and usually only know something's wrong when it won't start. I'd rather buy a 10yr old bike with 50k from the original owner than buy a 10yr old bike with 11k from who knows how many owners and a guy that really doesn't know squat about his bike. The vegas will do everything you want it to do. I would go test ride one if you have a dealer close to you. They haven't changed much other than bigger motor and a 6 sp trans. There are plenty nice used ones out there. Like I said ask the right questions if he doesn't know then be prepared to replace the things I have listed for peace of mind if anything.

This is how it all started. I'm done searching and living the dream! :)

35085_1339530455943_4363476_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok! I just had to find this post.

I've got over 30K on it now. It originally had about 11K.

I've been riding it almost every day. It still delivers.

I was riding it on the interstate this evening and at 75, it seemed to be barely trying. It still feel likes it wants me to open it up.

This is an amazing engine. I'm still just as excited about riding it as the day I got it home.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Better the devil you know...keep it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts