Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Precision Harley to get my bike inspected last Sat. The dude doing the inspetion mentioned that they used to be a Vic dealer. I did not know this. Must have been in the launch years. Any way he says he has a Vic dealer sign still in crate bought for 5500.00 would sell for 1/2 that. I can get more info if anyone is interested. I have not seen it.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I assume it's the oval and not the big "V", correct?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Cool but not 2700 bucks cool.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Went to Precision Harley to get my bike inspected last Sat. The dude doing the inspetion mentioned that they used to be a Vic dealer. I did not know this. Must have been in the launch years. Any way he says he has a Vic dealer sign still in crate bought for 5500.00 would sell for 1/2 that. I can get more info if anyone is interested. I have not seen it.

I don't think it would fit next to my Dixie flag on the bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
You might get more interest if you started a new thread with the title, "Victory dealer sign FS." It would be neat to mount it at the front of one's garage, so its seen when the door is open.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts

I googled precision Harley and about 12 came up... Can I get some contact info or an address? I am interested in this sign.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I googled precision Harley and about 12 came up... Can I get some contact info or an address? I am interested in this sign.
I Googled "Precision Harley Rhode Island" based on the poster's state in his sig file and I got this one.

http://www.precisionhd.com/

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
269 Armistice Blvd, Pawtucket, RI 02680
(401) 724-0010. I cant remember the guys name but I can swing by and try to get it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any luck Travis?

·
Registered
131 Posts
He is a dealer which is an Indian word for "Liar"

If he said he paid 5500 and will take half, that means he paid half and wants his full cut back...So I would hand him $800 cash and walk if he doesnt take it.

Chances are high he never even paid a dime for the sign and if he did he wrote if off as a loss when he dropped the brand.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Phil you da man except I think you are being a little hard on liars throwing them in the same bucket with dealers. Also don't hand him your money until the sign is in your truck.

I have had dealings with Precision over the years. They used to do some good power wrenching. Don't know about now. The sales staff shook my hand and it took a bar of Lava to get the oil film off my palm.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Phil you da man except I think you are being a little hard on liars throwing them in the same bucket with dealers. Also don't hand him your money until the sign is in your truck.

I have had dealings with Precision over the years. They used to do some good power wrenching. Don't know about now. The sales staff shook my hand and it took a bar of Lava to get the oil film off my palm.
I might be rough in my comment but I spent the first half of my working life in automotive dealerships and in a nutshell, 1 out of 10 in the sales staff was honest enough to trust. I am willing to bet a 6 pack that motorcycle dealers are not far removed.

And in reflection, the honest guys never could seem to stay employed long in a dealer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts