Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
Just swapped my 2006 HD Road King for a new '09 Kingpin 8-Ball, with stage 1, mini-shield & luggage rack.
I've been on enough forums to know "enough with the intro...where's the pics"?

Almost bought one two years ago, but went with the HD "King" instead. Wife never took interest in riding along, so I dumped the extra weight, overpriced parts & service and ended up at Victory.

Had a Vulcan 900 as a first bike 4 yrs ago, and really missed the cruiser style bike, and the ease of being able to change oil, etc. The ergo's on the Kingpin are great, feels like it was custom fitted. The power to weight ratio compared to the bagger makes it a blast to ride. Most of my riding is pretty much local, no long trips, so the 5 spd tranny is no problem.

Ordered a set of the black Lindby Multi-bars, should be here Friday.
Hope they don't look too bad, but they are cheap insurance, and I'm used to having some pegs for stretching out.

Only 460 miles til my first service! Hopefully I can get there in a couple of weekends, if the weather stays dry.

Looking forward to learning from the other members.
Greg

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

Nothing like a black bike!!

The Search feature is your friend!  You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

·
Premium Member
13,006 Posts
That is one beautiful blacked out KP mate!

I'd luv to put those front forks on my JP. I really think it would look great with with chrome and black contrast.

Alas ... I'm just daydreaming so welcome and I'm glad you found the right bike for you!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
welcome Gregg!
Very nice Pin you have there! Totally different than a RoadKing.
Enjoy the ride and ride safe!

·
Registered
130 Posts
That's one sweet lookin' ride! How's that mini-shield workin out for ya?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Small but effective

That's one sweet lookin' ride! How's that mini-shield workin out for ya?
Surprisingly it keeps quite a bit of wind off my chest.
I test rode a Kingpin without one, and there is quite a difference.

·
Registered
396 Posts
greg,
welcome to the victory family!
i think you will find out that your kingpin is much
cheaper to maintain compared to a harley,and
easier to work on. there is alot of great people
on this site always willing to give good advice.
congratulations on your new bike!thumb up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts