Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my KP and I can ride that thing for 10 hrs but the ole lady is not too comfy in the back. She's seen others in our group who ride HD Ultras and has been making comments about how comfy their ole ladies look in the back. So I told her, I aint buying no stinkin' HD but Ma Vic does make a touring bike too. So we went to visit a Victory/Indian dealer while we were in Tulsa, she sat on the back of the '14 CCT and instantly gave me the thumbs up to buy it. I was willing to pay 23k out the door and that's exactly where they were at on it but they had to go and insult my bike. You know..."yours is junk and ours is gold" sales tactic. I told them I don't play that game and walked out just on principal alone. So I visited my local Vic dealer in Rogers, AR. they treat me much better. Call me by my first name when I open the door. The numbers are about the same but these guys aint kicking my tires. Problem is I do owe more than I can get on trade in. They'll sell me the blue n white CCT for 19,500 with zero freight or dealer fees. That's 19.5 out the door. I'm about 3k upside down on the KP so that'll make it 22,500 which is still good for me. If they can get the payments where I want them then we'll have a deal. Just waiting for them to crunch some numbers and get back to me.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Good for you for not buying from an asshole dealer. I hope your deal goes through!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good for you for not buying from an asshole dealer. I hope your deal goes through!
Hey, sweet ride you got there! :D

Yeah, I'm no push over when it comes to buying. I've walked on just about every major purchase. I set my number on where I want my payment to be, if it is 1 penny over it, I'll walk. If dealer A can sell me a bike for 22k but treats me like an idiot, I'll walk and pay dealer B 22.5k if I have too. I won't do business with people like that. But luckily for me, my dealer can offer better deals than any other dealer I've looked at or heard of and they treat me right. I should've just waited until I got home and talked with them first. We'll see where the payment amount lands, it has to be at or below my magic number though or I'll wait another year.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Congrats! Your old lady is going to be happy! Mine is! cheers

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sounds like you are getting a good deal - I love my big ol "caddy" and so does my wife. Good job walking out on a rude dealer
cheers

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Good luck. I just got my 2014 XCT in Blue/Silver Saturday. I have spent more time farkling than riding so far.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck. I just got my 2014 XCT in Blue/Silver Saturday. I have spent more time farkling than riding so far.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Vic!

·
13,003 Posts
Maybe you should wait till august.
The new models will be out with some maybe good up grades to instrument and maybe motor.
If you wait the dealer will try harder to get rid of old models and make way for the new ones.
Yes you don't care but if they knocked off another grand would that help.
Seeing how its only fifty days a way you might sell yours for a good price. There might even be a better loan rate by then.
Not trying to be a kill joy am just trying to make you think.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Good on you for walking out. Friend of a friend recently went to buy a new bike, made a deal, left a deposit. Went back to finalize and the dealer tried to dick him over for another $50. Seriously, 50 dollars. Dude bought it anyway. :crzy:

I'm not gonna say the customer is always right cause there are definitely some idiots out there that don't know what they're talking about. But if I'm paying YOU for something, you damn well better earn it and if you try to screw with me you can bet I will spend WAY more with someone else rather than support you with even a penny of my money.

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
On a trade deal, there is only one figure that is important and that is the cash difference. It doesn't matter how much theirs is or what yours is worth--its how many $ does it take to fill the gap between the two.
I'm not a fan of financing toys and the OP's situation is an example. Another is what if the bike gets wrecked to the point of it being totaled? You still owe the lender principle and interest for that pile of scrap. But hey, that's me--born in the depths of the Great Depression and hardened in WWII to use my $ wisely and maintain a reserve.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies and suggestions fellas. I really like the blue and silver CCT, I really want my wife to be comfy, they knocked 3 grand off, I've not seen a bigger discount even when they release the new models (that's when I bought my '12 KP). I worked hard to build my credit up so I can enjoy the fruits of my labor before...not after :)

To make it shorter, She's mine fellas! She is sitting in the garage right now, just got home with her, I'll post pics later. thumb up

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here she is!

Daisy resize.jpg

Daisy2 resize.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Good looking' scoot! Now, get that odometer spinning lol.
And, you'll have to update your signature now ;)

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
OK...she's a beauty. I hope you 3 have many enjoyable days and miles together.

·
Registered
426 Posts
nice scoot man, keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I like the Blue/Silver this year...thumb up

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats. I look forward to the next video of your exhaust magic. thumb up
Thanks SB, not sure if I'm going to do any mods at all. I ordered arm rests for the ole lady but I think I'm going to ride it for a while as is and see how it goes.

The sound system sounds pretty good on it, might not want to drown it out with loud exhaust ;)

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Thanks SB, not sure if I'm going to do any mods at all. I ordered arm rests for the ole lady but I think I'm going to ride it for a while as is and see how it goes.

The sound system sounds pretty good on it, might not want to drown it out with loud exhaust ;)
Congrats, RB! thumb up

Yeah, that two-tone really pops. I just got mine back from Dr. Horsepower, aka Kyle at KMC powersports and the Vic Tri-Ovals sound really sweet. Nice rumble, with a bit of a bark with the twist of the wrist. Pretty Wife said she can hear the tunes with these pipes vs. my D&D's I had on my old XC.

cheers

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have two complaints so far, one of which I knew before hand which is the heat. Man it's much hotter in the saddle than on the KP, my legs get pretty hot, deflectors are all open. The second is it will be hard NOT to drop it. With my wife on and the passenger floor boards down, there isn't much room at all for my feet to walk the bike back. I have to take baby steps. My footing is very unsure. I suspect that will improve once I get use to it but lets hope I get use to it before I drop it.

The bike is better suited for a taller rider, which I'm far from it. I'm 5'7...and a half. :D I'm reaching for the shifter and the back brake. Are just the boards adjustable or to the controls move too?

With the complaints out there, I only have about 60 miles on it but I can already tell that it really does handle better than the KP. I didn't believe it before but I do now. It is more comfortable for the both of us. It doesn't have the power and acceleration that the KP had but I didn't expect it to with the cam difference and the added weight. I really like all the features, the bike is loaded straight from the factory. I really can't think of anything I need to add. I'm happy with the purchase and looking forward to getting the 500 mi out of the way so I can take her out for a tour. cheers

1 - 20 of 33 Posts