Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the way to the Indian Rally in Murwillumbah Aust.
Pulled out to follow a mates yam 1300 and hit limiter in third next thing I know shes in the red! Went thru it like it dont exist any more in next gear.
My PCV. Equipped Vegas has learned I want a few more revs!
All by itself.... Dyno man vetoed my request to up the limiter as he pointed out the torque was dropped down under 90 ft/lb
But HP was still rising slowly...
PCV must be responsible?
Ill see if it does it again on the ride home.

·
Registered
48 Posts
interesting!

do you have (the optional) tach, or go by the lcd?
I have not revved my Hardball - well, its all stock, and feel like it does not want to go over 4500?????
Looking forward if there is a repeat performance :)

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have (the optional) tach, or go by the lcd?
I have not revved my Hardball - well, its all stock, and feel like it does not want to go over 4500?????
Looking forward if there is a repeat performance :)
Yeah fitted an aftermarket Victory part as Vegas don't have one stock. (no LCD)
Very handy piece of equipment, specially once you get a few mods and she's breathing proper, they love to breathe!
Be careful !...dont flog yours, till its run in a bit (broken in as you say)
yes the stock Judge 106 I test rode felt a bit doughy but it only had 300 miles on it, they take a while to loosen up a bit, mines just passed 30,000 kilometers(19,000miles) and with breathing mods is a very eager performer!
And yes on the way home she went past the normal cutout just the once ( no sense in needless thrashing, just its nice not to die in the arse if yr up alongside a HD and going for it :) )
once this Easter bullshit is over then I'm onto Lloydz for the Torque Tubes and will sell my Ness intake/filter ( it breathes well but I want the extra Grunt n' Ponies the TTI gives!)

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah fitted an aftermarket Victory part as Vegas don't have one stock. (no LCD)
Very handy piece of equipment, specially once you get a few mods and she's breathing proper, they love to breathe!
Be careful !...dont flog yours, till its run in a bit (broken in as you say)
yes the stock Judge 106 I test rode felt a bit doughy but it only had 300 miles on it, they take a while to loosen up a bit, mines just passed 30,000 kilometers(19,000miles) and with breathing mods is a very eager performer!
And yes on the way home she went past the normal cutout just the once ( no sense in needless thrashing, just its nice not to die in the arse if yr up alongside a HD and going for it :) )
once this Easter bullshit is over then I'm onto Lloydz for the Torque Tubes and will sell my Ness intake/filter ( it breathes well but I want the extra Grunt n' Ponies the TTI gives!)

Anyone else had their Power Commander V equipped Victory defy the factory rev limiter?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I can smack the rev limiter easily. I had KMC add 500 rpm to the PC5 and she spins easily to the limiter. Rider error I know and I try to watch it but dam this bike pulls strong to the top and quickly.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can smack the rev limiter easily. I had KMC add 500 rpm to the PC5 and she spins easily to the limiter. Rider error I know and I try to watch it but dam this bike pulls strong to the top and quickly.
I wouldnt call it 'rider error ' at all, your bikes got cams and the graphs I see on them have em pulling strongly to 6200.
What is the limiter wet at on the XR/XC series engines anyway?
Mine was coming in at 5200 factory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts