Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand mods. Love my hacker pipes and several others. Understand making your bike yours. I just can't understand trying to make a victory a sport bike? Mind you I just wore out a set of tires a 5000 miles driving hard with two mountain trips. But I also just got a Yamaha FJR 1300 for the next trip.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
He doesn't want to ride his Victory on mountain rides any more so he bought a FJR for that reason. I'm going to the mountains this year to ride. I wonder if I should do the same?:crzy:

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
If I wore out tires in a short 5K miles, I wouldn't be admitting to it. No one here ever said they were attempting to convert their Vic into a sport bike, just wanting them to run stronger than the EPA had 'em at.
The FJR is a great sport tourer and if I could be comfortable on one, that's what I'd have, but I can't. My body now requires a low seat height and CG, but not wanting to give up twisty carving, my XR suits me fine and the mods I have done to it serve to increase its yee haw factor. I don't need that FJR when I can take curves marked 25mph at twice that.:):)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Not as lite weight, but.....

Not as lite weight for sure as a Ducati Monster. But I have caught myself staying with a friend and his Duc through some very twisty roads here in Az. Had to tell myself to back off, was getting tired, figured I was pushing it a bit hard. Guy behind me said my bike was very close to dragging, so I am glad I backed off. I have dragged other bikes of mine and this one only once that I know of. These X bikes do handle good for big touring bikes. Since I mounted the Avon tyres it handles even better to me!:)

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Those Avon Cobras do inspire one to challenge the twisties with more fervor, don't they?:)

·
Registered
742 Posts
I understand mods. Love my hacker pipes and several others. Understand making your bike yours. I just can't understand trying to make a victory a sport bike? Mind you I just wore out a set of tires a 5000 miles driving hard with two mountain trips. But I also just got a Yamaha FJR 1300 for the next trip.
Seems to be a common misunderstanding for some on this forum. Never had a sport bike and don't really want one. I like performance and I like to be [somewhat] comfortable, hence the reason I looked for and found a great POWER CRUISER. thumb up

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
I am just an average skilled rider, have been riding bikes most of my life, Snow / Ice / Rain / Sun on touring bikes.... did not even have a car at that time in the Netherlands....

Most people have bikes as a Hobby now, and even the daily driver modifies to his liking??

Does you wife has a car? is it pink, or nice spoiler, or sunroof? that is not the same as Modifying a bike?? Sorry I mean YOUR BIKE :D

Let it be

― Bob Marley
“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively”
"Don't worry be happy"
"It is a brand-new second hand."
“Wake up and live”
“Live for yourself and you will live in vain; Live for others, and you will live again.”

Just some examples of :cool: people in history that were telling the world to leave people in there own dignity and appreciate if your friend or neighbor has a different way of thinking or bought something extremely expensive or weird?? :crzy::crzy::crzy:

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've got the XR for when I wanna go slow or ride with my girl for a longer trip, an Aprilia when I wanna go fast, and a race bike when I wanna go really fast. She has the vic for when she wants to ride behind me, a 919 for general street stuff, and a track bike for the fast stuff. Toss a couple pitbikes on top to play around in the yard and we've got just about everything covered. I have no reason or desire to put a bunch of power adders on the vic, nor to do anything to make it more "sporty". My mod list so far consists of a touring seat, passenger back rest, and EBC pads up front (stock brakes really do suck). Future mods planned are an easy clutch, highway pegs, and a taller and wider windscreen for when we need to run down the highway. MIGHT change the grips for something with a heated option but we'll see. Other than that I really don't intend to fiddle with this bike too much. I've also got an old CB450 in boxes to put back together and mod the hell out of so that's my project bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts