Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
13,043 Posts
yes all kinds of us. If you ride dirt roads or live in dusty country stay with stock its better for your bike

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I was under the assumption that when a hi flow air filter is used it has an effect on the air fuel mixture.
as far as my riding area, nothing but 2 and 4 lane black top for me.

·
Registered
682 Posts
My bike has a k&n air filter and I don't have a fuel controller. It seems to run just fine without it

·
13,043 Posts
I'll tell this much for what you'll spend on the K&N it will not be worth it. Your bike will not be faster and it will lean it out a bit so maybe you'll get one more mile per gallon. Stay with stock and you'll be just as happy. Clean the throttle bodies and you'll be farther a head

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cleaning the throttle body is number one on my list. As far as the filter go's i got a great deal on good old eBay for 35 bucks shipped. sealed in its original packaging.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have them on all my C bikes, they are available on Ebay for $35 shipped. yeah they're used but so what. If you're not putting on a less restrictive exhaust, it won't lean it out much at all. All of mine run great with stock exhaust clean throttle bodies and K&N.

Mitch

2001 SC
2002 C
2002 TC
2003 TC
2003 C
2004 TC (for sale)

I'll be selling 2 more of them soon, just not sure which. That way I can buy more!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a stock one when I bought the bike but the bike came with an upgraded chip and open pipes...so figured I by one to complete a "Stage 1" package and installed it...in the long run it will be cheaper since I ride ~4-5K miles per year...didn't notice much difference

1 - 9 of 9 Posts