Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been doing some looking around for a dyno tuner and found these guys. Anybody out there used them for a tune on their victory that would like to share your opinion?

Thanks.

*EDIT - My mistake...they only have a mobile dyno that stops by once a year....Dr Dyno.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
I've been doing some looking around for a dyno tuner and found these guys. Anybody out there used them for a tune on their victory that would like to share your opinion?

Thanks.

*EDIT - My mistake...they only have a mobile dyno that stops by once a year....Dr Dyno.
How far are you from Lloydz?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How far are you from Lloydz?
10hrs from Lloydz :(

I'm in western Ohio. Having trouble finding someone. I may keep a closer eye on kevinx. he was up through here this past summer. maybe he'll be back next year.

Adam

·
Premium Member
13,154 Posts
There are canned tunes for the PC-V, if that's what you have, for just about every combination of mods. If you can find someone with the same or very close to what you have; maybe they can share it with you.

Yes, every engine is a little different, and to get the very best tune; it will need to go through the dyno tune process but you can get 9/10 of the way there with one that is close or the same as yours. In fact, for some people, this tune is just fine for them. For others who don't like to leave anything on the table; a full dyno tune by a true professional Victory tuner is all that is acceptable.

There are some tunes in my sig line under Free Service Manuals. You're welcome to try them. Just make sure to save what you currently have so you can revert back to it if none of them work out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
There are canned tunes for the PC-V, if that's what you have, for just about every combination of mods. If you can find someone with the same or very close to what you have; maybe they can share it with you.

Yes, every engine is a little different, and to get the very best tune; it will need to go through the dyno tune process but you can get 9/10 of the way there with one that is close or the same as yours. In fact, for some people, this tune is just fine for them. For others who don't like to leave anything on the table; a full dyno tune by a true professional Victory tuner is all that is acceptable.

There are some tunes in my sig line under Free Service Manuals. You're welcome to try them. Just make sure to save what you currently have so you can revert back to it if none of them work out.
Thanks for the info BBob. Been thinking of putting the pcv in myself like you said. I would be curious to see what my bike is now on a dyno though before a tune for better comparison. that was one of my questions about the pcv, if it will allow me to save my current setup. so before i take it in i can put it on that setting for a baseline?
Adam

·
Premium Member
13,154 Posts
I'm sure there's a way but I haven't had to mess with my PC-V other than to try new tunes since it was installed nearly 6 years ago so I'm not the best person to ask.

I also run an Auto Tune Module that compensates somewhat for changing elevation and seasons. That's purely optional. I don't think it gives a very good tune on its own either. I've gotten better results from trying out the other tunes folks have provided. I've never had it dyno tuned but it pulls like a team of Clydesdale's going up a hill generally leaving everyone in the dust behind me. Hehehe; sometimes it really irritates guys who think they have a badass car or truck because they'll zoom up behind me after I settle into the speed limit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure there's a way but I haven't had to mess with my PC-V other than to try new tunes since it was installed nearly 6 years ago so I'm not the best person to ask.

I also run an Auto Tune Module that compensates somewhat for changing elevation and seasons. That's purely optional. I don't think it gives a very good tune on its own either. I've gotten better results from trying out the other tunes folks have provided. I've never had it dyno tuned but it pulls like a team of Clydesdale's going up a hill generally leaving everyone in the dust behind me. Hehehe; sometimes it really irritates guys who think they have a badass car or truck because they'll zoom up behind me after I settle into the speed limit.
hmmm. there's an idea. maybe i should go the route of an auto tune since i'm having trouble getting to a reputable tuner? i'll have to start doing some research on that.

adam

·
13,002 Posts
spyshot

what mods have you done to bike. If its just exhaust and air filter you'll be fine. Right now you might be at high 80's or 85 horse

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
after some reading it seams the pc auto tune is not as "automatic" as i thought. i dont know if i'm the type to tinker with that thing. may have to wait for a pro...

adam

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i wonder if i should upgrade to the lloydz air filter or will the victory high performance air filter be just fine?

adam

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Lloyds air filter for sure but at the same time as you get it dyno tuned. The Lloyds air filter will pass more air and 'could' cause a somewhat lean condition. It sounds like what you really need is:

Llyods DR cams
Lloyds air filter
Lloyds 1/4 throttle ring
PCV
Dyno tune

Yup, that should do it for a while. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Power commander on the way. I guess I better get the Lloydz filter on the way. 9 hrs from the vic shop and 10 from Lloydz.
Looks like I'll be using one of Rylan's semi-generic maps in the mean time.

Adam

·
13,002 Posts
you could wait for spring and check with Kevinx or Rylan and see what rally's they will be at.
Kevinx does travel to events and cam party's. If you get at least 5 other victory riders you can set up something with him and he will come to you.
Kevinx is one of the top tuners for Vic's

https://www.facebook.com/kevinxsouthernmotorworx/

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
I believe Lloyd recently posted their schedule is full till next year. Great news for Lloyd and his team.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you could wait for spring and check with Kevinx or Rylan and see what rally's they will be at.
Kevinx does travel to events and cam party's. If you get at least 5 other victory riders you can set up something with him and he will come to you.
Kevinx is one of the top tuners for Vic's

https://www.facebook.com/kevinxsouthernmotorworx/
yep! i've already been in contact with kevinx and i think i'll be waiting till next year and hoping he'll be somewhat close.

adam

1 - 17 of 17 Posts