Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2010 Vic jackpot... only 4,800 miles on it.
riding the other day... and all electrical cut out, i am a Mechanical Eng. , I just figured i would ask the question here , so to limit my time chasing gremlins. Easier to ask and get some good advise then to chase and chase.

hopefully some can point in the the right direction and yes, today i picked up a metal 40 amp breaker to get the plastic one out of the system. So any advice would be great... thank you.
B. Kajer North West Indiana

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and ride safe ....

It could be the battery connections, they always go loose, i put cateye washers or starwashers under and between all the battery connections and tighten them real well ....

Can you post a picture of your beast ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, i thought all of my text posted... when riding the other day... and all electrical cut out, i could smell electrical HOT. the battery was 1000 deg....... ( over stated ) but you get the idea.
and also figuring it was just a bad cell in the battery and the juice had no where to go from the stator , I replaced the Battery. THAT DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM .... so that is why i am posting on here... so hope not chase for too long.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you... and please keep reply's coming... i am leaving on VACA in a day. so i will not mess with it, until i return. but any help is help.... thank you !

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Not sure how to post a pic on this ? i have tried and keeps telling me. no go...
Now you have more then 2 posts you are FULL MEMBER, so the spam stay out of the forum, so now (if you want) can place a picture of your jackpot

Hmmmmm hope someone can have a good answer for you

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Niceeeeeee, yes i got a jackpot too, awsome bikes ... PS, what tires are you running ? Please do the following things to your bike

1. Take the Dunlops off and trow them away
2. Change the engine oil
3. Change the brake oil
4. And if possible change the fork oil .....

I run stainless offroad beads in my Jack-Hammer tires and they work great ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, will look into all the above info.... once i get it going again.... i bought the bike on a hell of deal from a buddy that bought it brand-new ! So with only 4800 miles all is still 100% OEM.... but it died yesterday. so once its rolling again. yes, i will be looking into all other known issues or improvements

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
If nothing works, including the speedo, that would be the 40 amp breaker. Battery + goes on the silver post.
Ande is right--change out ALL the fluids. Place an order with speedbleeder.com for a set, so they will be there when you get home. They make beeding stupid easy and a one man show.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts