Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously considering a Victory High Ball, 2013. Can't post on the High Ball forum to ask questions about it. Oh well, I can do it on my own. The High Ball is the only Vic that interests me.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Seriously considering a Victory High Ball, 2013. Can't post on the High Ball forum to ask questions about it. Oh well, I can do it on my own. The High Ball is the only Vic that interests me.
Charlie,
Welcome to the forum.
To help prevent forum spam, new members have to post 3 posts in this section before being able to post openly. Just a couple more posts and the gate opens.

I had a Harley Ultra before getting my Vic. I've been very happy with my decision. The High Ball is a sweet machine.

·
12,970 Posts
At the top of this page is "Forum" click on that and scroll down to High Ball you'll find plenty to read.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
FAIR WARNING TO CHARLIE...
A test ride is going to be your undoing. Get your FOR SALE signs ready.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the top of this page is "Forum" click on that and scroll down to High Ball you'll find plenty to read.
I found plenty to read, I said I could not POST to what i was reading.
I get it now, I need to earn my way by posting here. I may add another bike to my collection, I'd never sell off the Harley's and change totally to Victory. The High Ball is the only bike that has interest to me.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I test rode a Highball last Friday, along with a Vision, a cross country retro, and a judge. The Highball was the most comfortable (well except for the vision) and nicest handling.

m

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Welcome Charlie and glad your lookin into the VIC's. There are plenty of VIC/HD owners/riders around the forums here. Heck, even Bandit just crossed over to and HD... We all thought he was a little quirky... JK... :D Of course there is the expected jeering going on too....lol..

Anyway, knock out a couple more posts and your good to post in the HB forums.. It's not really earning your way to post but a deterent to keep the spammers from building accounts and trashing the forums.. Keeps the majority out anyway. Post them questions, plenty of folks around to help you out.

Take care and safe riddin..

Timcheers

·
Registered
636 Posts
I test rode a Highball last Friday, along with a Vision, a cross country retro, and a judge. The Highball was the most comfortable (well except for the vision) and nicest handling.

m
Cross Country retro? Can you please explain what that is?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies. I have realized that the local dealer has the High Ball priced 500 over list, along with no interest in doing any dealing. I'll pass on the High Ball and keep rolling the Harley's.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I have realized that the local dealer has the High Ball priced 500 over list, along with no interest in doing any dealing. I'll pass on the High Ball and keep rolling the Harley's.
You must be near Topeka.

Check with some other dealers. When I was shopping, I checked several dealers and was surprised to hear Topeka was selling at what they call "Retail". I bought from a dealer about 150 miles away because he came down on the price.
I support the local guy when I can, but for $2000???

Even if you don't buy one, you can go ride one. I do demos at all the dealers, I'll ride anything I can get my leg over.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I found plenty to read, I said I could not POST to what i was reading.
I get it now, I need to earn my way by posting here. I may add another bike to my collection, I'd never sell off the Harley's and change totally to Victory. The High Ball is the only bike that has interest to me.
Welcome and remember, you can never have too many toys!! Show us some pics of your current rides...we aren't prejudiced. Heh Heh Heh. I came within a gnats butt of getting a new Harley instead of the CCT. I like my choice. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I am near Wichita, Bikers Edge is the local dealer for Victory.
If this upload worked, this is a couple of my Harley-Davidsons.
The 2011 Road King Classic is 17 months old and has 41,000 problem free miles on the clock. I bought it new, April 2011.
The Forty Eight Sportster is a 2012. I won it in November 2011, but it was delivered in late January so I have a 2012. Very low miles, I do ride it, but seldom. The free price is right so I'll keep it. My daughter is liking it.
I do have a 2002 Dyna Super Glide too.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm liking that sportster too and if my "buddies" in their pretty leather vests ribbed me to much calling it a chick bike I'd just get new buddies. Lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Harley Rider! I ride a Wing, but am considering a Victory, and the Electra Glide is also still in the running.

Also I need to post here a couple times before, like you, I can post elsewhere. Seems like a good forum.

Hope you find what you are looking for in a bike. I have heard great reports from several friends that have a Victory.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also have (had) a few Harleys, my lastest is a 2008 FLHX Street Glide, nice bike just lacks the power needed to make it great. The Victory gives me the power i've been looking for, so for a couple grand to boot i got a new 2012 Cross Country with Victory's generous 5 yr warranty and $500 worth of free cloths and accessories. I just couldn't turn up a deal like that, $2000 into my Harley would still leave it watching the Victory's tail lights, my buddies on their HD's are already poking fun at me, they will get use to seeing those tail lights soon when i pick it up thursday lol.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sounds like Charlie needs to stick to HD. From his very first post, he is defensive and already attempting to justify his decision. "The High Ball is the ONLY Victory that interests me", and he was touchy when someone suggested he read...

Must not want it too much if he only visited one single dealer, and didn't try to get a better deal by buying the bike anywhere else.

I can only imagine how he'll talk when a fellow HD rider sees him out in the real world riding a dreaded Victory. :rolleyes:

I don't think he'll be very happy in the long run, only because it doesn't say Harley on the gas tank.

Sorry, the posts read kind of trollish to me

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds like Charlie needs to stick to HD. From his very first post, he is defensive and already attempting to justify his decision. "The High Ball is the ONLY Victory that interests me", and he was touchy when someone suggested he read...

Must not want it too much if he only visited one single dealer, and didn't try to get a better deal by buying the bike anywhere else.

I can only imagine how he'll talk when a fellow HD rider sees him out in the real world riding a dreaded Victory. :rolleyes:

I don't think he'll be very happy in the long run, only because it doesn't say Harley on the gas tank.

I am seriously interested in only a High Ball, as I would only want one bike. I see no need for several, so that High Ball would be my choice..
That VisionJohnny suggested I could read about the High Ball on the forum. But as my post suggested, I had read the forum but was not able to post there.
My comments wizzed you off? Your attack on me is not rolling off me very well either. Let's just part and call it good.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

I understand, I caught the same vibe as you did regarding the original post. However, I was the same way. The Kingpin was the ONLY Vic that interested me. I flat out don't like any of the Vic touring bikes...too futuristic. I'm not into baggers but they look better than the touring bikes. Cruiser is what I was after and the only cuiser I would buy HAD to have the classic fenders. I simply wouldn't settle for anything else. My search was narrowed to the HD Fat Boy and the Vic Kingpin. You can see what my final decision was and now I own the best and best looking (in my humble opinion) bike on the road. I think the Jackpot looks great but not a bike I would own. Actually, I think most of Vics bikes except for touring, looks nice. I just wasn't interested in buying the others. We all have our own style and that bike really may be the only one that fits his. The KP was the only one that fit mine.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
All dealers are different. The dealer in Rogers, AR. doesn't charge any fees whatsoever. No license fee, no ship fee, no dealer fee, literally the price you negotiate is the price you pay. From what I read on here, that's not common. That being said, don't let $500 separate you from a bike. Truth be known, I would have willingly paid several thousand more for my bike that what I paid. I would have had no problem paying retail plus all fees and then some...that's what its worth to me. Lucky me, I didn't have to. May I suggest you just go test ride one, afterward, think about what it's worth to you. THAT is its value, not what the book says, not what the sticker says, it's worth what YOU think it's worth.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts