Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The bagger scene – once largely the realm of Harley-Davidson’s Road Glide, Street Glide and Road King models – grew by at least two models last year with the introduction of Victory’s Cross Country and Star’s Stratoliner Deluxe.
For 2011 Kawasaki continues the bagger segment growth trend with its Vulcan 1700-based Vaquero.

The 2011 Vulcan Vaquero should hit Kawasaki dealer showrooms by late October and will retail for $16,499.

For entire article, see:
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/kawasaki/2011-kawasaki-vulcan-1700-vaquero-preview-90010.html

Aren't you glad Victory designed their own style bagger, instead of looking to copy an aging HD design? I sure am. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,046 Posts
I haven't ridden a frame-fixed fairing bike yet but I do hear they don't get all the buffeting from trucks that the batwing style fairing get.

The windshield on this particular bike is too low to do any good though. Same with the stock XC shield.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I like the frame mounted fairing. It takes almost 2 minutes to get use to it.
As far as buffeting goes it depends on the style and maker of the frame mounted fairing. The road glide has a lot of buffeting to me. I have none or very little buffeting with my XC but do have a lot of wind noise with the stock windscreen.
Personally speaking I do not care for the new Kawasaki. The lines of the XC is what got me.

dd

·
Registered
566 Posts
I like it. Not better than or even close to the CC, of course, but not bad and much, much better than Star's effort, at least with the entertainment center.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't call it ugly, but it's no Cross Country neither. It is cheap, no doubt, at $16,500 and comes with 36mo factory warranty.

For cooling system it lists: "Liquid, plus cooling fins" which brings up a question I used to debate upon with myself, a while back: Why are bikes either liquid cooled either air cooled? Why not both?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I wouldn't call it ugly, but it's no Cross Country neither. It is cheap, no doubt, at $16,500 and comes with 36mo factory warranty.

For cooling system it lists: "Liquid, plus cooling fins" which brings up a question I used to debate upon with myself, a while back: Why are bikes either liquid cooled either air cooled? Why not both?
All production bikes are air cooled so, by definition, any bike that is liquid cooled is also air cooled. Liquid cooled means there's some kind of radiator to recirculate fluids to minimize heat.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All production bikes are air cooled so, by definition, any bike that is liquid cooled is also air cooled. Liquid cooled means there's some kind of radiator to recirculate fluids to minimize heat.
Cool. Thanks.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do you load this thing up? Lay the bike on its side? :crzy:

Also, what happens if the saddle wasn't locked right and opens up while riding?

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have previously owned a 2001 Kawi Nomad, it had these side opening bags & never had a problem. The design goes back to 1999 with the Nomad. Got rid of the 01 & purchased a 2009 Kawi Nomad. THEN--- got wise after seeing how my friends 2010 XC performed & am now a proud 2010 XC owner since July 28th. Love this bike!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts