·
Registered
352 Posts
must be nice...lol

very nice....thumb up

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I would love to ride right now, really jealous of anyone riding at the moment. Garandiver where abouts in Michigan are you? I'm just about an hour from Port Huron, the wife and I go there quite often...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would love to ride right now, really jealous of anyone riding at the moment. Garandiver where abouts in Michigan are you? I'm just about an hour from Port Huron, the wife and I go there quite often...

I really do sympathise with you guys- I cant imagine what a white winter is like. I grew up in Fiji and have lived in Oz since a teenager and even white Xmas seem weird to me. We get quite a few English and Irish that immigrate here, and they say the opposite, of course.....

·
Registered
318 Posts

Luna, I live in Grandville, a suburb of sorts to Grand Rapids. I am planning on trailering my bike down to central FLA end of March for some riding where I grew up, I was born in Miami, and spent many formative years in central FLA. Plan to pick up my cousin in southern Indiana and his Harley Fat Bob. We will be staying with another cousin near Daytona. I have a buddy in Port Huron who rides a Harley bagger of some type and have been wanting to ride with him. Maybe we could arrange a ride this coming summer. Always up for such.cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Luna, I live in Grandville, a suburb of sorts to Grand Rapids. I am planning on trailering my bike down to central FLA end of March for some riding where I grew up, I was born in Miami, and spent many formative years in central FLA. Plan to pick up my cousin in southern Indiana and his Harley Fat Bob. We will be staying with another cousin near Daytona. I have a buddy in Port Huron who rides a Harley bagger of some type and have been wanting to ride with him. Maybe we could arrange a ride this coming summer. Always up for such.cheers
Nice bike

That does sound like fun,I'm about 40 minutes(ish) from Port Huron.Straight shot down I-94
My brother lives in Marysville/StClair

·
Registered
318 Posts
I really do sympathise with you guys- I cant imagine what a white winter is like. I grew up in Fiji and have lived in Oz since a teenager and even white Xmas seem weird to me. We get quite a few English and Irish that immigrate here, and they say the opposite, of course.....
Well I suppose you have to be tough up here in Michigan to ride in the winter. My less than 2 year old grandson seems to manage to ride his motorcycle in the winter donning almost only his birthday suit.:ride:

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts

Luna, you have made some really nice upgrades to that nice bike of yours. Nice job, looks awesome! I bet you are itching to get that baby out in the sunshine, huh?thumb up

Attachments

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Thank you! Honestly driving me crazy that I haven't ridden in 2 months and at least another 2-3 before I can get back to riding. Since we have a few people fairly close in proximity we should hook up for a ride this summer. I'm on the Canadian side (just outside London ontario) but I don't mind meeting up for a ride!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Luna, you have made some really nice upgrades to that nice bike of yours. Nice job, looks awesome! I bet you are itching to get that baby out in the sunshine, huh?thumb up
I go stir crazy not riding (more like withdrawal) so I spend my winters modding and maintenance (many more happening as we speak) and my summers riding as much as possible. I'm really digging your bike as well!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm currently riding a Yamaha,but looking to upgrade
So I trying to learn more about the Vics,I'm real close to pulling the trigger on a 2010 CR,I thought it was sold and just found out yesterday its still available...I dont know what to do.....:confused:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I'm currently riding a Yamaha,but looking to upgrade
So I trying to learn more about the Vics,I'm real close to pulling the trigger on a 2010 CR,I thought it was sold and just found out yesterday its still available...I dont know what to do.....:confused:
Have you had a chance to ride one? I know you live in Michigan (winter) but the test rides tour all summer long. What are you looking for in a bike? What are your needs? Wants?
I can tell you that I was a skeptic jumping over to Victory from years of Kawasaki's (I still love the kawi's) but I don't regret the switch one bit. I haven't ridden a CR but have absolutely fallen for my Hammer, good ride, decent power, easy to work on and killer looks. The only gripe I have is the lack of aftermarket parts, but it is getting better in that department but still along way from where it should be. I really don't think you can go wrong with the CR, what else have you been looking at or interested in?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Have you had a chance to ride one? I know you live in Michigan (winter) but the test rides tour all summer long. What are you looking for in a bike? What are your needs? Wants?
I can tell you that I was a skeptic jumping over to Victory from years of Kawasaki's (I still love the kawi's) but I don't regret the switch one bit. I haven't ridden a CR but have absolutely fallen for my Hammer, good ride, decent power, easy to work on and killer looks. The only gripe I have is the lack of aftermarket parts, but it is getting better in that department but still along way from where it should be. I really don't think you can go wrong with the CR, what else have you been looking at or interested in?

My Yamaha 650 Classic,my current bike and my 1st street bike and I do love it.but I'm looking for more power,I'm doing alot more 2 up riding than I thought I would.I want it to ride better on the highway and still have fun around town with it.I want to stay with a bagger bike,hoping to be doing some long weekend rides(up North).
I have only sat on the Victory's. I have not rode one.

·
Registered
352 Posts
sorry for Jacking your Thread,krisd

·
Registered
780 Posts
Stay tuned to the demo tour schedule and ride one at your first opportunity. It was still blank the other day, but I doubt it will be for much longer. Check in with your locals and see what their test ride policies are.

·
Registered
352 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts