·
Super Moderator
5,008 Posts
R.I.P. gambler.

·
Registered
12,273 Posts
A GREAT KENNY ROGERS STORY........
Back in the 60s when KR first appeared on radio, along with the First Edition, a station I listened to announced a personal appearance at a local college auditorium. Wow I'm going.
Thinking there'd be a crowd and it was general seating, we went very early. We were the first ones there! As time passed, more trickled in and by showtime, there were maybe 20 to 30 people in the audience.
Kenny and the First Edition came on to the stage, peered at the meager audience and said, "This must be the best kept secret in Portland." And he commenced to put on the show as if it were a packed house. What a trooper.
A good memory of him I will always carry.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A GREAT KENNY ROGERS STORY........
Back in the 60s when KR first appeared on radio, along with the First Edition, a station I listened to announced a personal appearance at a local college auditorium. Wow I'm going.
Thinking there'd be a crowd and it was general seating, we went very early. We were the first ones there! As time passed, more trickled in and by showtime, there were maybe 20 to 30 people in the audience.
Kenny and the First Edition came on to the stage, peered at the meager audience and said, "This must be the best kept secret in Portland." And he commenced to put on the show as if it were a packed house. What a trooper.
A good memory of him I will always carry.
Good story. (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts