Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kevin I was told you might be able to show me where to look. I just got a 99 V92C and am trying to figure out how they differ from follow on models in 00-02 and from the vegas.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Man there is a BUNCH of info to cover...

99-00 are essenetially the same except for....
Air filter/intake
Gas tank has studs on the front in 99/bolts in 200
Engine is smooth gloss black in 99/textured, satin black in 00
99 had available forged 5 spoke wheels

01 looks just like a 00, but it has a much different transmission. 99-00 had some serious issues with jumping out of gears, and locking up on ocassion. Many 99-00 bikes have upgraded trans added by owners. You can tell by looking at front sprocket. If you see a speed sensor "looking" at the teeth you probably have an upgrade

In 02 EVERYTHING changed under the side covers with the advent of the Freedom motor. More sculptured cylinders; instead of the square blocks of the 00-01. New trans[again] higher compression, better heads, and improved injection boosted HP from the mid 60's to the mid 70's in bone stock form.

There is many more things if you want to be a bit more specific

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KevinX what's the difference

Thanks Your info is a help and a start. I guess I am trying to figure out what aftermarket items will fit: seats forward controls, bags, windshields etc. And what years I can look at for replacement parts: tranny parts or what ever else will need to be replaces. any suggestion on where I should look?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Thanks Your info is a help and a start. I guess I am trying to figure out what aftermarket items will fit: seats forward controls, bags, windshields etc. And what years I can look at for replacement parts: tranny parts or what ever else will need to be replaces. any suggestion on where I should look?
Seat is 99 specific, but most of the other stuff you find for a 99-03 C bike will work, bags, shields, tank straps. TC stuff though is often different. Engine parts are 99-01. Tranny stuff is a Vic upgrade that uses many parts from the 03-06 92" engine along with a few other parts for the conversion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts