Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kevin, congrats on your new Cross Country! Would you be so kind to let us know what changes you're making to it? Some of us, myself included, greatly value your knowledge and opinion and now that Mr. Cross rides a Cross bike, we'd like to hear what mods you're planning to do or have already done. Thank you in advance for sharing! :)

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
To date
D&D mufflers
Vic performance filter[- weather strip]
Cams
PCV
Gustofson[sp?] +1 flip windshield
Remove highway bars
RSD grips
Vic bag rails
3rd revision of custom seat
Garmin 550 dash mounted
Barracuda badges

On order....Awaiting from Kewlmetal
21" wheel
6 Degree rake Black
Chrome Fat tubes
LED backed custom Kx engine covers
LED floorboards

I'll put up some pix when I get my seat the way I want it

·
Registered
164 Posts
Which year model did you get?

Kevin,

Which year model did you get?

Noticed you added a PCV to your bike. I ordered a Red XC Tour two weeks ago, along with VM1 cams and D&D slipons. Tried to order a PCV with Auto Tune from fuelmoto but they will not sell me one because they don't know if PCV for '11 model will work on '12 models. My bike is supposed to ship from factory on Aug 18th.

Thanks,
tripntx

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't wait to see pics! thumb up

·
Premium Member
13,292 Posts
To date
D&D mufflers
Vic performance filter[- weather strip]
Cams
PCV
Gustofson[sp?] +1 flip windshield
Remove highway bars
RSD grips
Vic bag rails
3rd revision of custom seat
Garmin 550 dash mounted
Barracuda badges

On order....Awaiting from Kewlmetal
21" wheel
6 Degree rake Black
Chrome Fat tubes
LED backed custom Kx engine covers
LED floorboards

I'll put up some pix when I get my seat the way I want it
Dayum! You didn't let any grass grow under that bike waiting to mod it up! thumb upthumb up

I've been thinking about going with the Gustaffson +4. How're you liking the +1?

Could you lower the back one inch instead of going to a 21" wheel? I hope you're going with a 120 tire. Those look and handle great!

Didn't you put the lower fairing winglets on yours since you took off the forged crash bars? How's the buffeting with them and the +1? Tolerable?

I've been toying with the idea of doing the same thing. I could always put them back on if I changed my mind. It would really clean up the front end.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Dayum! You didn't let any grass grow under that bike waiting to mod it up! thumb upthumb up

I've been thinking about going with the Gustaffson +4. How're you liking the +1?

Could you lower the back one inch instead of going to a 21" wheel? I hope you're going with a 120 tire. Those look and handle great!

Didn't you put the lower fairing winglets on yours since you took off the forged crash bars? How's the buffeting with them and the +1? Tolerable?

I've been toying with the idea of doing the same thing. I could always put them back on if I changed my mind. It would really clean up the front end.
I bought an 11, but am 99% sure the current PcV will work on a 12

I love the +1 shield. I look over it, and have no wind hitting my face.
The lower winglets do a very good job with buffeting. Almost as good as the fork mounted lowers I had, but they do not trap heat against my legs

No interest in lowering my bike at either end. I went with the 6 degree kit to keep ride hight, and trail numbers very close to stock, and handling largely untouched. BTW yes it will be a 120 tire

·
Registered
164 Posts
Zumo mounted to dash

I really would like to see a picture of how you dash mounted the Zumo.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I love the +1 shield. I look over it, and have no wind hitting my face.
The lower winglets do a very good job with buffeting. Almost as good as the fork mounted lowers I had, but they do not trap heat against my legs
Just wondering how tall you are? (was thinking of getting the +4, I'm 6'3" with a 32" inseam)

What part number is the lower winglets kit? and will they fit an '10?

Thanks! thumb up

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Just wondering how tall you are? (was thinking of getting the +4, I'm 6'3" with a 32" inseam)

What part number is the lower winglets kit? and will they fit an '10?

Thanks! thumb up
A hair under 6'. 32" inseam. 200#, and I have no ass at all; so I sit down in the seat.

Winglets will only work if you have round or no highway bars. The forged bars interfere with travel

·
Registered
221 Posts
Can't wait to see and hear about the rake kit and 21" front wheel. This is something I've been wanting, but didn't want to screw up the great handling and ride I get from the stock XR...

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Can't wait to see and hear about the rake kit and 21" front wheel. This is something I've been wanting, but didn't want to screw up the great handling and ride I get from the stock XR...
Rode the 6 degree with a 23" last week, and it was just a little noticable. I'm thinking the 6+21 will be just what the doctor ordered

·
Registered
221 Posts
Rode the 6 degree with a 23" last week, and it was just a little noticable. I'm thinking the 6+21 will be just what the doctor ordered
Hey Kevin, when you have the chance, please let us know how the 360 turn-radius changes with the 6 degree rake. And, the additional wheelbase and overall length increase. Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
OK Call me stupid.....I say that because I know you will...but what are Barracuda badges? Whatever they are they sound cool as Hell!!!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks guys. BTW I ordered the chrome flame exhaust tips from Kewl Metal and have gotten so many compliments on them I couldn't keep count if I tried. They are AWESOME!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts