Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I orderded some parts over a month ago, they said 1-2 weeks. I emailed them, and they said the bars were almost finished 2 weeks ago and would ship out then, but nothing. Just wondering if they are super busy or is this normal from ordering from them? I got burned once by a different company, and am always VERY leary of any company that takes more than 30 days to ship the product. Thanks

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I orderded some parts over a month ago, they said 1-2 weeks. I emailed them, and they said the bars were almost finished 2 weeks ago and would ship out then, but nothing. Just wondering if they are super busy or is this normal from ordering from them? I got burned once by a different company, and am always VERY leary of any company that takes more than 30 days to ship the product. Thanks
I have not ordered from Kwel directly but I believe it is the nature of the beast with any of these motorcycle accessory sites. I ordered from victoryonly a few years back and the parts took a couple months for them to come. I ordered from JP Cycle in March 12 for a rear signal mount for my Jackpot and just got it two days ago, so about 2 1/2 months later. I in the mean time ordered it directly from the manufacture and got it in 3-5 days, though I paid $15 more for it. So, now I have to send the one back to JP Cycle. My sissy bar was made fairly quick, but they sent it to chrome and they were backed up which pushed the wait time. Anyway, it is just a hit or miss on what you order and if they have it in stock or not. I just take the be patient and ride while you wait and all is good. wac

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is normal for them. I bought my XCT 2/29 this year and ordered my heel shifter a couple days after that. I didn't receive it until the end of April. Then, to top it off...the heel portion of the shifter was put together and very solid. However, after about 3 weeks of riding it fell off. Loc-tite was not applied to it. So I spoke with "Big Joe" the owner and he said that they used to Loc-tite that piece in, but people complained so they stopped doing it.

I was shocked considering the shifter came assembled. They sent me a screw & nut for temporary use and are going to send me the tubular part that goes over the screw when they are ready. They were supposed to have them 2 weeks ago, but I spoke with them yesterday and they didn't know when they would be in.

They have had chromer issues recently and I think are playing catch up. Great quality stuff...but very slow order time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well this doesnt sound promising....iLl give them a little more time, but not 2+months, thats crazy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have been waiting (thru my dealer) over 2 months for fog light replacement bulbs. They do not return calls. I will never order from them again. KEWLMETAL your customer service sucks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hope not

Just ordered their front fork protectors to replace the shitty plastic ones on my Hammer already broke one cleaning the bike which was replaced under warranty which was decent of the the dealer as it was my fault but the part is so flimsy its a joke hope these arrive sooner rather than later.:(

·
13,188 Posts
I have been waiting (thru my dealer) over 2 months for fog light replacement bulbs. They do not return calls. I will never order from them again. KEWLMETAL your customer service sucks!!!
Say there is Parts Unlimited and Drag Specialties along with Tucker Rocky That I'll bet has what you need. Some of there on line catalogs don't show you all but if you go to a store and look I'm sure you;ll find what you want even Dennis Kirk

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Custom work sometimes take longer that we like. I ordered some custome LED boards from Kewl Metals about 2 months ago....still waiting, but I know they are working on them. He does quality work, so I guess I will just wait.......getting anxious though

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Custom work sometimes take longer that we like. I ordered some custome LED boards from Kewl Metals about 2 months ago....still waiting, but I know they are working on them. He does quality work, so I guess I will just wait.......getting anxious though

True, but i feel lied to when they tell me both before and after I order that it will be 1-2 weeks. And then even worse when they say it will ship this week, and doesnt. I order custom parts for one of my other hobby's and they always tell me if the custom part has a month wait or longer. Frustrating.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
True, but i feel lied to when they tell me both before and after I order that it will be 1-2 weeks. And then even worse when they say it will ship this week, and doesnt. I order custom parts for one of my other hobby's and they always tell me if the custom part has a month wait or longer. Frustrating.

Can't argue with you on that (not that I am).....I agree it is frustrating. When you shell out hard earned cash for a product, you should expect to get what you ordered, when it was promised.

That's just good customer service.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Seems fast

Fork protectors ordered online yesterday emailed as shipped today seems reasonable so far.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I put in an order about 3 weeks ago and, i emailed them a few days later asking for a confirmation....cause i didnt remember getting anything. So i didnt think the order went through... (did not hear back from them) So i ordered it again and they finally sent me a confirmation on the first order 3 weeks later and said the parts i ordered were not ready..... WOW....... I dont know what is with these companies these days...
I run my own business and if i dont physically have it in stock I DONT SELL IT! I dont sell shiet i dont have! I realize that distributes dont always stock everything but DAMM let people know if you dont have it in stock and lets have some communication....
my rant is done!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Fast Kewel?

Fork protectors ordered late last week arrived today in UK thats pretty fast by my standards and these f*****s are as robust as the stock ones are fragile they will stop a .22 bullet never mind a stone chip money well spent.:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I spoke with them late last week and they said both shipped and should be here this week. Hope so...

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 15 of 15 Posts