Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the kewlmetal meathook handlebars in the +2 mor +4 size? If so, can a get a review and maybe a comparison to the victory pullbacks or HMD pullbacks....

Thanks,
Tom

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Not to rain on your parade but whatever you choose be prepared to wait.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
BR Customs maybe? They'll build to YOUR specs, whatever you need.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mind the wait.... It's spending the $ and getting something I don't like. I put on the HMD pullbacks and wish I did a little more research before installing them. They don't really have anymore pull back than the stock bars and to be honest the welding marks by the grips is driving me crazy..

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I don't mind the wait.... It's spending the $ and getting something I don't like. I put on the HMD pullbacks and wish I did a little more research before installing them. They don't really have anymore pull back than the stock bars and to be honest the welding marks by the grips is driving me crazy..
You definitely need to call BR then. I want to get some of his bars in about the same geometry as my stock high-ball bars, but 3 or so inches taller. They look like top-notch quality, and being very custom-oriented, you get exactly what you spec.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dustin,
How much pull back do they have over the stock bars? I went onto their site but only saw 1 type of handlebar and it's not the one you have. Can you get me some mesurements??

·
Registered
692 Posts
I specified 3" forward and 3" up from where the stock bars sit when set at the mid point between fairing and tank opening.

I have crazy long arms so I wanted to specify in relation to stock. I just shot them the specs and the design and they worked them up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wasn't impressed with the weld quality either, glad it's not just me...
I thought the welds on the HMD's (at least the ones I got) were perfectly fine.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Have you looked at a set of HeliBars....?? I struggled as well finding bars that fit me on this big Vic...but they were the perfect answer. They are adjustable six ways to Sunday and go up to +4 over OEM bars. You can change the height, pullback and rake to fit your personal comfort level. While they are certainly spendy, and might not be the baddest looking bars on the market, they completely eliminate the chance of spending your hard-earned money on something that in the end doesn't fit you well. I did that with the VIC +2 bars. I am into function over form and could not be happier with them! They allow me to make multi-day, multi-state rides in total comfort as I could adjust the bars to their most comfortable (for me) position. Another plus is that they act as great little shock absorbers, making for a really smooth ride. They are of superb quality and I had them within a week of ordering...thumb up!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts