Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need to vent for a moment about my experience with KEWLMETAL…. I have been waiting since March 5th for a set of simple chrome axle covers. I call once a week for a status and they tell me the same exact thing every time…. “The parts are at the chromer and the will ship out this week”. Today they tell me that the current chromer can’t do them and they are sending them out to someone else…really? I asked why I keep giving me the same old excuse and I was told that they are having a "Ton of issues right now"….. WOW, to think I was ready to purchase a set of meathook handlebars from them…… Sorry for the rant, but this is hands down the worst experience that I have had with any Victory parts supplier. I think the bar has been set too high from WITCH DOCTORS……..

I'm not trying to deter anyone from buying from KewlMetal, I'm just venting!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Back when they first came out with the meat hooks, I was interested in a pair. But lackluster e-mail responses from them steered me away. All I wanted was to put full retail price in their pocket (did not ask for any discounts or special accommodations), and I was the one chasing them, asking how much and how to send the payment. All I got was different people responding with a "let me check" and that would be the end of it. After about two weeks, I gave up. I figured if they were this difficult to deal with just to take my money, I would rather steer clear. They could've sold me a set of meat hooks, but were probably too busy attending to more important business.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm surprised you were able to actually speak with someone. I had an issues with badly machined forward control extensions and after no email response and multiple calls that went to voicemail (left messages) and no response after 2 weeks I just sent them back to Victoryonly for a refund and ended up buying the ones from Talliaman. I haven't heard anything good about Kewlmetal in years...in fact had I known the extensions I was buying from Vic- only were from Kewlmetal I would have steered clear.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Emails are pretty much a useless way to comunicate with them becouse they never respond. I had to make MULTIPLE phone calls before finally reaching someone. I'm glad I started this thread... people need to know about things like this.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Try their Facebook page, when I order from them, I first ask them if they have it in stock before I place the order. If they have a bunch of parts out for chrome, it sometimes takes a long while to receive the parts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My credit card has been charged.... I don't want my $ back, I just want the part I ordered. Again, I understand custom parts take a while to make and these aftermarket companies work extremely hard to process these orders. My issue is that they consistantly tell me the same B-Sht story week after week and over 2 month later I still do not have the part... Without quality customer service a business might as well close the doors... I will honestly think twice about purchasing from them again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am currently having issues with Kewlmetal at this time . The chrome is blissering on my fork sliders. I've left countless phone messages and emails but no one gets back with me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Crap, not what i wanted to hear....figures, i just ordered a new guage bezzel from them. We shall see...:confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've called all times of the day and it always goes straight to voice mail.... Leave a message but they never call back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
They jacked me around big time over a damned LED bulb for bullet lights I bought from them. I will never do business with them again.:mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts