Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wanted to ask if Kewl Metal were still open or not?
I know they had a lot of customer service issues a while back so just want to check.

I went to their website and tried the contact us link and it was down. So was their Facebook page. Looked inactive.

I want to order these Light Brackets for Victory High-Ball... - $69.95

I went to get the postage quote and they are trying to charge $140US dollars to ship to me in the UK! The bloody things fit in a packet the size of a deck of playing cards!

Can anyone help with this?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
For the most part, shipping fees are courier fees. When I've ordered things in the past I call to make the order and request they ship regular snail mail. Deliveries are usually only a few days longer but a whole lot cheaper. Some packages have been too large for the mail (exhaust) and it had to come courier. I also lessened the charges with those by completing the customs work myself for free rather than pay them $70 to simply fill out a form.

By the way an internet search indicates you should have your mailed item 3 - 7 days after it has been sent. It's not coming over on the QM2.

https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_GB

Sorry, no idea about the status of KewlMetal.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Hi guys, just wanted to ask if Kewl Metal were still open or not?

I know they had a lot of customer service issues a while back so just want to check.

I went to their website and tried the contact us link and it was down. So was their Facebook page. Looked inactive.

I want to order these Light Brackets for Victory High-Ball... - $69.95

I went to get the postage quote and they are trying to charge $140US dollars to ship to me in the UK! The bloody things fit in a packet the size of a deck of playing cards!

Can anyone help with this?

i saw your post on fb, i can see if getting interesting! haha

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not trying to start anything. Just want to buy the brackets :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someone from Victory Only thinks they have stopped making them:(

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kewl metal still haven't replied :(

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are the only ones to have the front indicator mounts for mini bullets that I like though :(

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish they did. They messaged me saying they didn't :(

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They just really suit the highball and what I want to do.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
The highball is a 43mm fork? I would search the HD stuff as I believe the Wide Glide runs a 43mm fork as well. I know there are some round black clamps for the upper fork that should work.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really? I didn't know that. I thought HD's all ran a smaller fork like 39 or 41.

That might work!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok mate. Thanks for trying. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts