Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Yup, we have the same gas cap dimensions as the Suzuki. I first read this on FB and posted it here. Again, Polaris didn't 'design' things like a gas cap. They simply spec'd one from commonly available companies.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Man I didnt know that another gas cap/cover would fit ours. I hate this thing opens bass akwards IMOP. For $20 bucks I may have to see if I can find one.

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Yup, we have the same gas cap dimensions as the Suzuki. I first read this on FB and posted it here. Again, Polaris didn't 'design' things like a gas cap. They simply spec'd one from commonly available companies.
Yes i thought it was you who posted that info ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Find one with the measurements stated .... As per below, nooooo i did not check the measurements yet, hahahah

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Yes but isn't there a vent inside the cap area that has to be lined up?

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Yes but isn't there a vent inside the cap area that has to be lined up?
Walk to your bike, open has cap, look inside, and see as per picture .... The vent is part of your tank ... Not the fuel cap IMG20180814175058.jpg

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
533 Posts
hope this is a better fit than the one i bought with the "this is the same as the yamaha r1/r6,warrior, etc" because that one, while the bolt pattern is the same, was offset enough that it didn't fit for crap. so if anyone has an R1 or some yamaha that the lid will fit, let me know because i have a chrome flush mount gas cap that is currently collecting dust....

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
If you get it make sure it's the 3 bolt, not the 4 bolt
Good catch ... I was measuring all the sizes, and 1 did not match ...
Of cource not , the vics have 5 holes, but only 3 are connected to the tank, so 2 are visual only ... So yes 3 holes gascaps ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts