Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears the extension "raises" the bike while on the stand slightly since it bolts into the rubber holes which generally sit on the ground.

I ask this as I have a 1" lowered bike and am putting back on my standard kickstand. My bike use to be 1.5" lowered and I needed the shorter kickstand, but know find the lean too much.

I'd consider mounting to my current "jiffy" except it is a chromed one without the holes and the old welded extension similar to the older Vics.

Anyone lowered run into this setup?

·
12,983 Posts
I don't understand any thing you just said.
Do you want longer kick stand or shorter one ????

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I'll try to break it down to a simple question.

Does the extended kick stand bracket sold by Witch Dr make the bike stand more upright and if so how much? From the pictures it appears it bolts to the rubber pad holes which are generally touching the ground, which would move the holes higher off the ground.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
OK, I'll try to break it down to a simple question.

Does the extended kick stand bracket sold by Witch Dr make the bike stand more upright and if so how much? From the pictures it appears it bolts to the rubber pad holes which are generally touching the ground, which would move the holes higher off the ground.
Replaces Rubber....so no.

·
12,983 Posts
MTVic

Taller kickstand makes for touchy parking spots and bike gets tippy.
If your having a hard time getting it off the stand try this. Grab the bars with both hands and now with your left knee push it against the bike for extra lift.
Look on yourtube maybe you can find some help there

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Never lowered a bike, to me it dont make sense to reduce ground clearance, ..that said I once put 6inch over forks on a Yam XS650 and had to weld a chunk of box steel to the bottom of the stand to raise it when parked so makes sense to me that a lowered bike would need a shorter stand.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i ran mine lowered 2" with the stock stand, rjc makes an adjustable stand now so does a guy off ebay that makes the adjustable lowering link

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I lowered my 2013 XC 1.5" and never changed the kickstand. I take extra care when parking on sloped surfaces to be sure the bike has a good lean. I never thought a longer kickstand was necessary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts