Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a replacement OEM kickstand pad for my XR and the place I bought it from showed barrel nuts as for replacing the rivets. I got it in the mail yesterday and just the pad, no barrel nuts. The company said Polaris had just recently quit including the barrel nuts and apologized and offered me a full refund or 20% refund if I wanted to source my own barrel nuts out. Can anybody tell me what size and length barrel nuts to get?

**I finally got the search function to show me what I needed but any other input would be welcome**
http://www.victoryforums.com/34-victory-cross-country-cross-roads/135705-cross-bike-kickstand-rubber-pad-replacement.html

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think a 6mm bolt will do it. I made my own out of piece of truck bed liner. Recessed the hole so the head of the bolt is recessed from the surface in contact with the ground. Put the nuts on top so they are easy to get to when time to replace. Used a dremel tool to remove the rivets.

Attachments

·
13,188 Posts
ACE hardware will have them but they might not be metric

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't matter if it is metric or SAE, as long as they fit.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Forget the barrel nut thing. Use finishing (acorn) nuts and screws as Sheets did above.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The material is a byproduct of recycling - ground-up rubber from old tires. Is about 3/4" thick. Comes in a mat form to fit various size pickup truck beds. My old truck died and went away . . . I kept the bed liner to be used another day. The OEM pad lasted one year. Had I known about the "puck" shown in the other thread I probably would have procured one of those. I don't do Facebook (or Paypal) - is why I hadn't been aware of the Vic puck product.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I need to replace my pad and noticed when the kickstand is down you can push it down about an inch toward the ground. It's like there is slack where it pivots. Is this normal?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I need to replace my pad and noticed when the kickstand is down you can push it down about an inch toward the ground. It's like there is slack where it pivots. Is this normal?
Most likely worn the pivot bolt and at worse the sidestand hole, DIY fix weld hole and redrill and new bolt or OEM:smile

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
This is by design. It allows the sidestand to flip up if you forget and leave it down. I have used it 3 times that I'm aware of.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
What is the pads function?

·
13,188 Posts
The pad is to kick kickstand up when you for get to put it up. It all so help preventing the bike from rolling off kickstand. So they lead us to believe

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
The pad is to kick kickstand up when you for get to put it up. It all so help preventing the bike from rolling off kickstand. So they lead us to believe
Ahhh thx VJ, Yeah it's saved me a coupla times then when I've forgot!:eek
as for rolling off the stand, I always back in leaning back so its impossible for my bike to roll forward...
If I dont have an option then Ill leave the bike in gear, but it's a rare occasion if I'm forced to do that,
Rear to kerb pointing the way I'm leaving, for a quick getaway:devil
(remembering to put my stand up of course:angel)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The pad for me keeps my the kickstand from scratching up my nicely painted garage floor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts