Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me that my bike leans awfully far when on the kickstand. I can put doubled 2x4's (a full 3"") under the kickstand and the bike will still stay there by itself -- I wouldn't walk away and leave it like that, but it will stay there. There is a lot of slop in the pivot and the bolt is tight. The kickstand also has a rubber bumper that looks like it should ride against the frame in the up position, but mine misses and the edge of the stand is chewing a spot on the frame tube.

Is this typical or do I have something worn or bent? Thanks for any advice.

Mark

·
Registered
156 Posts
mh1- My bike leans allot too. I think its pretty typical for the TCs. The rubber on the bottom of your kickstand might be worn off where the kickstand rests on the frame, maybe you could protect the frame wiith electrical tape wrapped around the frame where the kickstand makes contact. other than that your kickstand seems normal to me.thumb up

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Funny you should post this, I was looking into this Friday myself when putting my TC in the garage for the hurricane preps. I actually use a 2x4 and gets it much closer to my Visions stance while on the KS. I have not looked to see if maybe clevis is widened but I guess it's a possiblity. I don't think you got anything wrong, just nature of the TC.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. At least it sounds like nothing is terribly wrong. I'll put it on my list to pull off the kickstand next time I get the bike up on the lift. As long as nothing is bending or wallowing out, a discrete shim might get the rubber back onto the frame.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice looking bike Mark! I just got my 2002 TCD last fall. Didn't get to ride it much last year (1500 miles) but really liked the miles I did put on her. Just now getting decent enough weather up here in Mi. to ride again. And yes, these bikes do lean pretty far. I noticed it right away. A little scary at 1st but got used to it pretty quick after I found out it was normal.
Safe Riding!

Dave

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely a pain to pull upright. A while back I pulled my kickstand and inspected the pivot. There is no sign of wear or bending. Just look on the bright side; you never have to worry about the wind blowing your bike over.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts