Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lowered my bike using the clevis from Steve Curtis and i love it my feet touch the ground and it's way more comfortable but.....Now the kickstand scrapes while turning ..Any ideas would be very greatly appreciated .Thanks!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Stock it up.

Put the shock linkage back so it raises the bike back up. Cut the seat down or have the foam cut down to lower the seat height. It is not that hard to do. You can also take the bike to an upholsterer and have them shave the foam down for you. -----Or just let that kick stand drag until it does not touch anymore around the turns, but it may not hold the bike up parked. Dang always a trade off. Good luck. ---Also you could possibly do an after market kickstand, weld it on in a different location.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
I lowered my bike using the clevis from Steve Curtis and i love it my feet touch the ground and it's way more comfortable but.....Now the kickstand scrapes while turning ..Any ideas would be very greatly appreciated .Thanks!
Yeah the kickstand on my 2010 Vegas Low scrapes on l/h bends now and then if I'm pressing on.. Only two-up tho.
Solo the footpeg scrapes, its not really a problem,
If like to raise mine a little if possible.

·
13,047 Posts
Is the spring still good. Does it hold the kickstand tight to motor or frame. If not you need a new spring

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Is the spring still good. Does it hold the kickstand tight to motor or frame. If not you need a new spring
Speaking for myself mines in nice n tight, its actually difficult at times to snag it with my boot to get it down.
Just last week pulled up in pouring rain out the back of a local hall where some friends were meeting, pulled up, turned the key off, flicked the stand out and got off the bike...Kerashh!!!
Laying on the ground with my bike after a fruitless attempt to keep het upright past the point of no return.!....
Ill double check in future, make sure its positively in place before lettingthe bike down....quick as a flash 2 mates were helping lift the Vegas back up, the only real damage was to my ego and the tip of the clutch lever, I reckon theyre designed to break there where the notcj is to save breaking further down, gives plenty of lever to still operate, good design VIc!
Tiny scratch on my mirror chrome and my leather saddlebags absorbed a lot of the impact,
Put the lever tip in my pocket and next day mixed up some Araldite and stuck it back on.
Lesson learned the hard way!
As far as the stand scraping well somethings got to scrape, the bikes a cruiser and fairly low,personally I'd like to raise mine a bit not lower it.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I think WD sells a special kickstand for lowered bikes .... Comes in black or chrome I believe . I would even email him your situation and he may have a solution for you , if his lowered kickstands wont work for you ....

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Speaking for myself mines in nice n tight, its actually difficult at times to snag it with my boot to get it down.
Just last week pulled up in pouring rain out the back of a local hall where some friends were meeting, pulled up, turned the key off, flicked the stand out and got off the bike...Kerashh!!!
Laying on the ground with my bike after a fruitless attempt to keep het upright past the point of no return.!....
Ill double check in future, make sure its positively in place before lettingthe bike down....quick as a flash 2 mates were helping lift the Vegas back up, the only real damage was to my ego and the tip of the clutch lever, I reckon theyre designed to break there where the notcj is to save breaking further down, gives plenty of lever to still operate, good design VIc!
Tiny scratch on my mirror chrome and my leather saddlebags absorbed a lot of the impact,
Put the lever tip in my pocket and next day mixed up some Araldite and stuck it back on.
Lesson learned the hard way!
As far as the stand scraping well somethings got to scrape, the bikes a cruiser and fairly low,personally I'd like to raise mine a bit not lower it.
I always take my time , put the KS down , then I pull back on my bike to make sure its seated .... Please don't ask me why I do this every time ....:ltr:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I always take my time , put the KS down , then I pull back on my bike to make sure its seated .... Please don't ask me why I do this every time ....:ltr:
Lol, I do the exact same thing. It's my OCD, a quick kick (the stand) and pull back...

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
why do you do this every time?.............LOL:ltr:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
You guys had to ask ...:ltr: Back in 1987 , I bought my first brand new bike , Yamaha FZ 600 sportbike . Crap by todays standards , but I loved it . To the point , I stopped at a busy downtown area of Gloucester MA , as I got off my bike , I threw out the KS , dis mounted and as I was looking straight ahead with a full face helmet on , my bike fell against my thighs just above my knees ... I hyper-extended both legs , fell to the ground , bike on top of me , back mashed against the curbing , I was pinned and couldn't move . An elderly gentleman barely got my bike up far enough for me to get up , and out of there . I was sore as hell for 2 weeks , fortunately not a scratch on my bike . I'm just glad I wasn't on the exhaust side . Moral of this story ? Make sure your KS is down and seated before you get off your bike ! Or you will suffer the consequences !thumb upcheers:D

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've done some research and found that Witchdoctors sells a kickstand specifically for lowered bikes.I just ordered one and i'll post the results after i install it .Raising it back up is not an option -It's lowered for a reason and the spring is new.Thanks to those who replied.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
I've done some research and found that Witchdoctors sells a kickstand specifically for lowered bikes.I just ordered one and i'll post the results after i install it .Raising it back up is not an option -It's lowered for a reason and the spring is new.Thanks to those who replied.
Thanks.....I've gotva feeling it'll be moddded a tad shorter to not sit the bike up high, can't see how theyd mod it for cornering clearance as its in super tight already.
Ill be very intrtrsted to see your results though, and wasn't suggesting you raise your bike at all, was referring to raising mine.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wasn't referring to you .Someone else suggested raising it back up and having the seat seat cut down but i already did .(the seat) So hopefully the short kickstand will work out .Thanks again for the reply!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts