Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody have a tip or trick to get the kickstand spring on.
Having a hard time getting this thing back on.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Have a bunch of pennies at hand. Bend a spiral open and slip a penny in. Bend another spiral open and slip another penny in. Keep repeating until you have a penny in each spiral and place the stretched spring on the hooks, then remove the pennies. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Something simple like this works better than hitting yourself in the face when the pliers slip off the spring-that happened to a guy I know. The penny stacking sounds interesting, never heard that one before.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Have a bunch of pennies at hand. Bend a spiral open and slip a penny in. Bend another spiral open and slip another penny in. Keep repeating until you have a penny in each spiral and place the stretched spring on the hooks, then remove the pennies. Just my 2 cents worth.
'Cept you'd need a lot more than 2 cents on hand to complete the job.:D

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
If you're a union boss, Congressman, bank president or mafia, you can use dimes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anybody have a tip or trick to get the kickstand spring on.
Having a hard time getting this thing back on.

Thanks
Went through this last week. Yes I tried bending the spring, stretching it, everything then i stumbled on it. Hook the spring to the kick stand and unbolt the base, hook it to the base and just slide the base back into its slot and mine just literally. Bolted right in, simple!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts