Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just puttin this out there as a question....

Does anyone else have a problem on the 2012 CC (or any year CC or CCT for that matter) with the kickstand being difficult to get out?

I'm 5'5" with stubby legs :( , and when I put the stand out I can only get it to go about halfway due to the limited reach, then I have to move my foot back along the length of the kickstand and continue pushing it out, all the while trying to keep it from springing back up.
And on top of that, it doesn't have very positive spring pressure keeping it out, it actually springs back about an inch from it's fully extended stop position. The weight of the bike keeps it against the stop.

So is mine weird, or typical? All my previous bikes (metrics) put the stand within easy reach and were well sprung both going up and down.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Yeah, had the same issue with mine. Decided to buy and install this extension I purchased from NOEMTZ. Much easier to find and extend out all the way now. thumb up

Attachments

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I don't have a problem with extending it out (long legs) but have more trouble trying to get my foot on it to extend it down. I think one of those extensions will be on my bike in the future.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a 28" inseam so I do the same as you. Push it down, reposition and push the rest of the way. I have been doing it for two years on two different XCs so I really don't notice that I am having trouble any more. It's second nature. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do Victory's have locking kick stands like on Harleys? With my bike (HD), the kickstand locks once fully extended, preventing the bike from rolling forward. Handy when parked on inclines.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Do Victory's have locking kick stands like on Harleys? With my bike (HD), the kickstand locks once fully extended, preventing the bike from rolling forward. Handy when parked on inclines.
Nope. Patented.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
KIck stand question

I have a 2012 XCT and I think it leans over much farther on the side stand than is necessary. Just wondering if "they all do that" or if mind has a problem. In the garage I often park it with a piece of 2X6 under the stand so it stands up straighter and takes less space. A little worried about doing that over the winter, if a tire goes down I'm not sure it will remain standing. Leans over much farther than my RSV.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I have a 2012 XCT and I think it leans over much farther on the side stand than is necessary. Just wondering if "they all do that" or if mind has a problem. In the garage I often park it with a piece of 2X6 under the stand so it stands up straighter and takes less space. A little worried about doing that over the winter, if a tire goes down I'm not sure it will remain standing. Leans over much farther than my RSV.
I have the opposite feeling :confused:
I am sometimes worried its not leaned over enough and that a slight bump against it will send it over on its right side. My Star 950 leans over atleast 3-4 degrees more, maybe more just a guess.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I have the opposite feeling :confused:
I am sometimes worried its not leaned over enough and that a slight bump against it will send it over on its right side. My Star 950 leans over atleast 3-4 degrees more, maybe more just a guess.
:I agree:

Especially when parked on the side of the road, the road cross-slope always works against me, decreasing the lean angle. Less lean angle makes the bike prone to fall - think of big trucks and the air pressure change from high to low as the truck flies by... that can push the bike over when it's close to being vertical.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Heck, I can't even find the kickstand half the time. I have to physically look down and make sure I can see the end of it before even attempting to put it down. :D Then I have to do the two-step process as well. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it would be nice if the darn thing was designed to pop out once it was out half way like on other bikes I have owned. Maybe a mod is in order. I will get down there sometime and take a look to see if anything can be done about this dilemma. ;)

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I have the same problem, have to look to find the kickstand everytime. My Suzuki is easy to find and is "spring loaded" so it easily swings on out on its own once you put some pressure on it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Heck, I can't even find the kickstand half the time. I have to physically look down and make sure I can see the end of it before even attempting to put it down. :D Then I have to do the two-step process as well. :)
Apparently, that's the recommended procedure. Leave a step out of the process and it won't work!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
When you catch that ext. up your pant leg at an intersection you ll know why Vic. didn't extend it.:mad:cheers

Anyone thought about an electric door popper to kict it down with some class.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same issue on my VTX. I added a bolt to the little lip that really helped without catching on my pants at the stoplights. Only cost about $2.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts